GSP will be ready for UFC 154 in November

Kenny Florian - "I talked to GSP's coaches today, and it looks like he'll fight in November in Montreal against Condit. He had his first sparring session today. They say he looked great and he'll be ready to go."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/8/3227141/ufc-154-georges-st-pierre-carlos-condit-montreal-november 

GSP has too many issues (not just physically but most notably psychological). He's under too much pressure to return sooner than he should. That guy serves too many masters and he will not be the same when he returns. I'm wagering HEAVY on Condit at +265 and hope the UFC hype job they'll do on GSP's return gets the betting public to push it to over +300 for Condit.

MMAObserver - GSP has too many issues (not just physically but most notably psychological). He's under too much pressure to return sooner than he should. That guy serves too many masters and he will not be the same when he returns. I'm wagering HEAVY on Condit at +265 and hope the UFC hype job they'll do on GSP's return gets the betting public to push it to over +300 for Condit.

Lol Phone Post

yeah he's got head problems. look at all the fights he's lost...

oh wait.

MMAObserver - GSP has too many issues (not just physically but most notably psychological). He's under too much pressure to return sooner than he should. That guy serves too many masters and he will not be the same when he returns. I'm wagering HEAVY on Condit at +265 and hope the UFC hype job they'll do on GSP's return gets the betting public to push it to over +300 for Condit.

Lol@ Betting on Condit @ +265

He will be on his back the whole time, not countering the $h1t out of B level moves- like the Diaz fight...

Humphrey - yeah he's got head problems. look at all the fights he's lost...

oh wait.

Instead of sarcasm, use your head and think about it for a second. It has nothing to do with the fights he’s lost. What’s been the biggest complaint people have had against GSP? That he isn’t finishing guys that less talented fighters than he is are putting away (Condit & Lytle putting away Hardy, Kampmann finishing Alves, Ellenberger putting Shields to sleep). Why is that you think? Because he stands to lose a lot if he loses so he fights incredibly safe. All the endorsements (Under Armour, Gatorade…etc), being represented by CAA are all predicate not only on his image but on his ability to continue to win and remain champion. Why do you think he’s never taken the move-up to middleweight to challenge Silva? Because the risk a fight like that presents to a guy in GSP’s position far outweigh the rewards (especially when you consider the probability of him losing is great). He’s even said as much, that a move up in weight is risky. And so he stays a welter weight and fights safe to secure everything he’s built to this point (and I can’t really blame him). But coming off of this injury so soon, toppled by the issues I mentioned above, and it’s apparent that his reign will come to an end at 154. Most people who undergo reconstructive knee surgery can return to athletic activities at eight to ten months, but they’re usually not back to their previous level of competition until well after one year. GSP went under the knife last December and is ready to get back in the cage to compete at a high level at just eleven months. He’s doing this because of the pressure around him to compete and that will be his undoing.

BaraoKix - 
MMAObserver - GSP has too many issues (not just physically but most notably psychological). He's under too much pressure to return sooner than he should. That guy serves too many masters and he will not be the same when he returns. I'm wagering HEAVY on Condit at +265 and hope the UFC hype job they'll do on GSP's return gets the betting public to push it to over +300 for Condit.

Lol@ Betting on Condit @ +265

He will be on his back the whole time, not countering the $h1t out of B level moves- like the Diaz fight...

GSP takedowns are so effective because he’s so explosive. He will have lost a bit of that explosiveness coming off of this particular injury so soon.

if you're ever gonna beat GSP it's now.    Imagine if Condit pulls off the upset and GSP vs Anderson goes down the drain.

Yes, Condit has an ideal opportunity to beat GSP.

Long layoff+ major surgery.

If GSP is like his old self, he will 'finish' Condit in 5 rounds.

Glovegate - People only say GSP has mental issues because he's actually honest about his insecurities, unlike most people.

exactly. then people make long rambling posts (see above) that have zero basis, even fewer facts and are 100% guessing. They have no knowledge yet somehow become psychologists and know more than anyone.

if you're lucky they also suddenly become medical doctors and can tell you with certainty that someone can or can't be healed with literally no information.

MMAObserver -
Humphrey - yeah he's got head problems. look at all the fights he's lost...

oh wait.

Instead of sarcasm, use your head and think about it for a second. It has nothing to do with the fights he’s lost. What’s been the biggest complaint people have had against GSP? That he isn’t finishing guys that less talented fighters than he is are putting away (Condit & Lytle putting away Hardy, Kampmann finishing Alves, Ellenberger putting Shields to sleep). Why is that you think? Because he stands to lose a lot if he loses so he fights incredibly safe. All the endorsements (Under Armour, Gatorade…etc), being represented by CAA are all predicate not only on his image but on his ability to continue to win and remain champion. Why do you think he’s never taken the move-up to middleweight to challenge Silva? Because the risk a fight like that presents to a guy in GSP’s position far outweigh the rewards (especially when you consider the probability of him losing is great). He’s even said as much, that a move up in weight is risky. And so he stays a welter weight and fights safe to secure everything he’s built to this point (and I can’t really blame him). But coming off of this injury so soon, toppled by the issues I mentioned above, and it’s apparent that his reign will come to an end at 154. Most people who undergo reconstructive knee surgery can return to athletic activities at eight to ten months, but they’re usually not back to their previous level of competition until well after one year. GSP went under the knife last December and is ready to get back in the cage to compete at a high level at just eleven months. He’s doing this because of the pressure around him to compete and that will be his undoing.

You should keep your Observations in your head Phone Post

Entreri - Yes, Condit has an ideal opportunity to beat GSP.

his old self couldnt finish dan hardy.  If he wins i doubt it's by finish.

Long way off from this fight going off in November, today was his FIRST sparring session.  ACL reconstructions and the healing process from them is not linear progression.

MMALOGIC - 
Entreri - Yes, Condit has an ideal opportunity to beat GSP.

his old self couldnt finish dan hardy.  If he wins i doubt it's by finish.

GSP can't finish his poutine and that is just fantastic.

I love a 5 round domination instead of a quick haymaker KO.

Whenever they fight, GSP wins.

Let's get it over with so we can see an actual exciting fight with GSP vs Silva.

^LOL@that screen name.

It suits you.