Guillard talks Jim Miller, Titleshots

UFC on FX 1: Melvin Guillard wants the next title shot with win over Jim Miller

I think lauzon might of hopped in front of you melvin Phone Post

Hopefully the Lauzon loss makes him fight more intelligently. He has all of the ability, just a matter of him executing. Phone Post

I like to hear he's working on his jiu jitsu. Lot of people have issues that they're too stubborn to correct, and it seems like Melvin recognizes his faults and is working on them.

He keeps saying this is a number one contender match. I find that hard to believe. I like Guillard and Miller a lot but when does anyone get a title shot off of one win? Phone Post

Good fighter, and has a ton of fights. Gotta respect that.

Subd thanks Phone Post

So this is a #1 contender fight? Awesome! WAR Miller!

isn't this a little too soon for him to start talking again?

Kingtony87 - I think lauzon might of hopped in front of you melvin Phone Post

This Phone Post

Large Fun Bags -  I still think he has the tools to be champ one day. However, that is not a number one contenders fight. At least it shouldnt be, both guys are coming off a loss lol

This^ Phone Post

In my opinion, the winner of Lauzon VS Pettis should get the next shot. I would also like to see the winner of Miller VS Guillard fight Nate Diaz, I know Nate already beat Melvin once, but they are both different fighters now. If Jim wins, him VS Nate would be awesome to watch as the next #1 contender fight. (btw I'm a huge Nate fan, and think he beats either of them). Phone Post

This guys ego is so big he needs two sleeping bags when he goes camping. His skills do not match his cockiness. Every time he has fought upper tier guys he gets his ass kicked. Lets face it he is just not that good. He is fast strong and athletic and hits hard, however knocking out a few cans does not earn you a title shot. He may get a win here or there but he will continue to lose to better fighters. Miller will tool him!

fightcity - This guys ego is so big he needs two sleeping bags when he goes camping. His skills do not match his cockiness. Every time he has fought upper tier guys he gets his ass kicked. Lets face it he is just not that good. He is fast strong and athletic and hits hard, however knocking out a few cans does not earn you a title shot. He may get a win here or there but he will continue to lose to better fighters. Miller will tool him!

I'm not going to include any predictions, but this is basically right on. Phone Post

fightcity - This guys ego is so big he needs two sleeping bags when he goes camping. His skills do not match his cockiness. Every time he has fought upper tier guys he gets his ass kicked. Lets face it he is just not that good. He is fast strong and athletic and hits hard, however knocking out a few cans does not earn you a title shot. He may get a win here or there but he will continue to lose to better fighters. Miller will tool him!

Please fightcity post to this thread after the fight. I hated when guys like you continuously doubt Guillard and when he blasts his opponents you're pretend to have never said anything. Phone Post

His record speaks for itself, hombre. No hate, but Melvo's confidence and self-regard borders on the delusional. Phone Post