Guys with MMA careers that were stunted for various reasons

He always stood out to me.

Also TJ Grant. Chris Holdsworth

1 Like

Yuki Nakai, a fucking warrior what was partially blinded by the piece of shit Gerard Gordoux (or however that asshole’s name is spelled)

6 Likes

Rickson stopped competing after Rockson died pf an overdose.

1 Like

Kind of a weird one to say considering he was champion, but Dominick Cruz without the injuries would’ve been interesting to see how long he could’ve gone.

4 Likes

I believe Rafael Lovato Jr retired undefeated because of a heart condition.

3 Likes

Robert Drysdale retired undefeated after drug testing caught up to him.

Hard to day his career was stunted, though. He was 36 when he won the belt. He’s the man, I was bummed to see him step down. It was a feel good story, but he missed out on the very end of his career.

1 Like

Igor zenoviev, after a career ending Slam at the hands of Frank Shamrock in the UFC. His body was all fucked up after that slam ko. Then he went on to become Jeffrey Epstein’s personal bodyguard, personal trainer. I believe prior to that he was the head bouncer or had a security at a well known strip joint in New York. I bet he’s got some wild stories to tell

4 Likes

Mark Shultz

6 Likes

Zabit

Cain (equivalent to Cruz)

Stefan Struve

4 Likes

LOP airs tomottow

1 Like

Also Roger Huerta kinda. He was supposed to be a golden boy in the UFC then started wanting to be an actor or some shit.

He wouldn’t have been a GOAT but I can picture him in that Cerrone/Pettis/Nate Diaz tier.

2 Likes

JJ

2 Likes

Igor’s?

YESSSSSSSS

1 Like

Chris Holdsworth

TJ Grant

1 Like

Khabib…

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

Nick Diaz only fought twice after the age of 30, and there was a 6 year gap between those fights.

2 Likes

Lee Murray was age 27 in his last fight, a UD loss to Anderson Silva.

Him getting stabbed and a subsequent prison sentence ended his MMA career.

His record stands at 8-2-1.

3 Likes

There could have been some incredible matchups during those six years too. Very unfortunate.

2 Likes