Gym Owners: Enrollment and the Economy

With the looming recession and the recent catastrophe in banking sector, have you guys started to feel the impact of the economy? How is your enrollment? How many students are you signing up a month?

Enrollment is strong here in LIttle Rock, Arkansas at the Westside Gym. Thats not to say that it wont slow down but so far, we have had great growth including this month.

Roli Delgado
westsidemma.com

the economy is going to hell...the mma bubble will burst too and the egregious gym prices will be forced to go down

100$ to get in shape learns skills and do something you are passionate about= good deal imo.

What price do u put on your health?

Economy will have a effect on many gyms i do imagaine

ttt

Thanks, Roli!

I haven't noticed a slow down in my gym either but I was wondering if certain parts of the country were hit harder.

the reason you have not felt a slowdown is that the economy is not really in bad shape.

We still have not hit a 'recession' despite predictions of a recession for 2+ years now. Growth is still positive and unemployment is not great but it isnt awful.

The economy is nowhere near the state the media hypes it to be. We're actually doing fine excepting the finincial markets.

DannyOcean - the reason you have not felt a slowdown is that the economy is not really in bad shape.

We still have not hit a 'recession' despite predictions of a recession for 2+ years now. Growth is still positive and unemployment is not great but it isnt awful.

The economy is nowhere near the state the media hypes it to be. We're actually doing fine excepting the finincial markets.

Hi George!

"We're actually doing fine excepting the financial markets."

Do you have any idea how many factories have closed down in USA and Canada in the past two years?

Do you know how many of those people were making huge money, and are now working for minimum wage?

The industrial money is all but gone in North-America. Everything else in the economy is now falling like dominos because of it.

wreckker - 100$ to get in shape learns skills and do something you are passionate about= good deal imo.

What price do u put on your health?

Economy will have a effect on many gyms i do imagaine

i can do all that for free thanks

DannyOcean - the reason you have not felt a slowdown is that the economy is not really in bad shape.

Says the guy who still has a job.

This recession is just getting started fellas ... we haven't hit anything yet.

If you want to know the causes .. research central banking and the bane to society that it is

Haole - 
Dexter Morgan -

Do you have any idea how many factories have closed down in USA and Canada in the past two years?

No, how many?
Go ahead hotshot, try to even answer your own question, lol.

Classic!

ttt

Nice fight!! I am wondering if you are one of the guy's they brought back? (TUF)

rolijuju - Enrollment is strong here in LIttle Rock, Arkansas at the Westside Gym. Thats not to say that it wont slow down but so far, we have had great growth including this month.

Roli Delgado
westsidemma.com

No, enrollment is better than ever

Where you want to open is terrible. You should come to San Jose and work with me :)

New people everyday in Buffalo, EVERYDAY!

I'm in the heart of the mess, and a lot of clients/potential clients are wall street people, things are a bit slower, lots of people signing up for shorter term memberships, but a gym membership is a vanity thing, people always find money for it