Hall of Fame News

from maxboxing.com:

IBHOF Announces '04 Inductees
The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the newest class of inductees to enter the Hall. Living inductees include super featherweight champion Azumah Nelson (Ghana), welterweight king Carlos Palomino (USA via Mexico), light heavyweight king Dwight Muhammad Qawi (USA), super bantamweight champion Daniel Zaragoza (Mexico), referee Stanley Christodoulou (South Africa), Philadelphia promoter J Russell Peltz (USA), and writer W.C. Heinz (USA).

The Hall of Fame also released names of posthumous honorees: featherweight champion Baby Arizmendi, welterweight champions Young Corbett III and Jackie Fields and lightweight champion Willie Ritchie in the Old-Timer Category; managers Umberto Branchini and Lou Viscusi in the Non-Participant Category; writer Barney Nagler in the Observer Category; and lightweight Billy Edwards in the Pioneer Category. The 15th Annual Hall of Fame Weekend is scheduled for June 10-13th in Canastota, NY.

10 or 12 years old? Wow. I can't even imagine any 10 year old fighting adult men, even featherweights.

I'm working on getting my last trainer's father, Wesley Ramey on the ballot for next year. Cyberboxingzone.com is doing an article on him, that should be out pretty soon. You'll be amazed that he's slipped through the cracks like he has.

I voted for Nelson, Qawi, and Zaragoza. I could not believe they were not alreay in when I received the ballot for the Boxing Writers Association.