Hall of Famers Currently in UFC

Imagine that the UFC had a real hall of fame. (The type of hall of fame that debates whether Frank Gore – the third all-time most prolific rusher in NFL history – deserves a spot because he was never the best running back in football). Who’d be in the hall of fame who is currently fighting?

A few criteria: (1) usually, you have to had a time where you were the best in the sport; (2) winning the title once tends not to be enough.

Here’s my unfinished list:

125: None.
135: TJ, Cruz, Aldo, and maybe Yan.
145: Volk, Edgar, Max.
155: This is an interesting one, because I have two guys who have never been champ in the hall of fame. Charles (who secured it last night if he wasn’t there already); Dustin; Tony; Conor (double champ gets him in); RDA.
170: Usman, Robbie Lawler.
185: Izzy, and maybe Bobby Knuckles
205: Jones, (EDIT: Shogun)
HW: Francis, Stipe, Arlovski

1 Like

135 - Aldo

Yup. I’m a moron. Editing my post to add him.

Not sure if Dustin or Tony makes it in but I could see it.

Their wins list is so much better than most people to ever win titles. I think they are the very rare non-champs to have earned it.

1 Like

Francis? No way has he done near enough to get there.

I’m an idiot, didn’t read

Wins over JDS, Overreem, Arlovski, Stipe, Gane, Blaydes (x2), Cain, Biggi Boy. WTF more could you ask for?

1 Like

JDS way past prime, same with Cain and Arloviski. How was that fight with the Black Beast. That’s enough to bar him right there, LOL.

I’d ask to fight more than once a damn year and to get on a roll. Not HOF material IMO but he could be. But probably won’t since he’s gonna bolt from the UFC.

I don’t think Yan is quite deserving yet, but he may very well get there. And I’d add Derek Lewis to the list.