Has anyone rolled with Oleg Taktarov?

???

Well, I didn't, but he did a seminar at my gym in 1998 and a few did, including my coach at the time. Overall, the seminar was fun, just not too educational other than some pretty advanced ankle and leg locks. As for the rolling, he didn't "roll" like in bjj, but more or less started from a position and didn't do so for very long. But it was memorable and cool. 

Edited for: I know my story was pretty pointless - sorry! 

ttt

Respected forum member and BJJ black belt Andre has rolled with him.

His funniest line when he was trying to get in the ufc "I punch like Mike Tyson, I kick like Bill Wallace and I grapple like Oleg Taktarov."

That is priceless

ttt

ttt

Ive probably rolled with him 1000 times. He has a very strong submission game and really knows how to use his weight. Also, he is very efficient in his movement.

Back in the old UFC days,Oleg dropped in at the LA Gracie Academy,wanting to roll/train. Rorion put Pedro Sauer against him. Pedro said He (Pedro) was able to dominate position on Oleg,but "rainbowed" his arm in an armbar,would not tap,and had him in a rear naked choke,and said he could not get Oleg to tap or choke him out. Said he had never rolled with a guy you could not choke out. Had a lot of respect for Oleg

andre - Ive probably rolled with him 1000 times. He has a very strong submission game and really knows how to use his weight. Also, he is very efficient in his movement.

Andre, did he ever adjust his style to more of a "bjj" way, or did he stick with a sambo style?

cool story BJJWRESTLER.

BJJWRESTLER - Back in the old UFC days,Oleg dropped in at the LA Gracie Academy,wanting to roll/train. Rorion put Pedro Sauer against him. Pedro said He (Pedro) was able to dominate position on Oleg,but "rainbowed" his arm in an armbar,would not tap,and had him in a rear naked choke,and said he could not get Oleg to tap or choke him out. Said he had never rolled with a guy you could not choke out. Had a lot of respect for Oleg

A fellow that I met at a couple of Gokor seminars (Ken Harte)relayed this story.

Went to a seminar once. Learned almost nothing, didn't roll with us, but he was sort of funny.

Kakkarotto_san - 
andre - Ive probably rolled with him 1000 times. He has a very strong submission game and really knows how to use his weight. Also, he is very efficient in his movement.

Andre, did he ever adjust his style to more of a "bjj" way, or did he stick with a sambo style?

I'm not sure if it was an adjustment or if sambo always had it, but Oleg has pretty solid sweeps (especially with the gi) and his guard passing is very tight and difficult to prevent. Footlocks and kneebars are his bread and butter, but if he passes your guard you are going to have a hard time dealing with his upper body submissions, as well.

Did he bleed much in rolling?

Yes Andre, but that was back in the day when you were....ahemm..a lot...lighter....cough, cough. He surely would have a harder time with you now. LOL. You looked SO young in his tapes!

I rolled with him at a seminar in Manhattan, in around 2002 or 2003. The first time, he pulled butterfly guard right away. I tried to pass and he tried to sweep. On about his third sweep attempt, I put my leg out as part of my base to avoid the sweep, and he immediately slapped on a heel hook that felt like I was in a vice grip.

The rest of the roll went pretty much the same. Extremely tight mechanics.

Cool guy, by the way.