Hatsu Hioki vs Bart Palaszewski UFC 144 in Japan

mmajunkie.com/news/26197/hatsu-hioki-and-bart-palaszewski-to-meet-at-ufc-144-in-japan.mma

"Hatsu Hioki (25-4-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will get to compete on home soil, and the Japanese fighter is expected to meet fellow featherweight Bart Palaszewski (36-14 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at February's UFC 144 card.  Sources close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place for the fight. MMAWeekly.com first reported the bout."

That's a good fight. Weird though, I would think they'd try to get Hioki a gimme fight in Japan. Phone Post

yeah, people said the same about akiyama

The Japanese don't even give their Japanese superstars gimme fights so why would the UFC? Obviously the Japanese love watching them have tough fights, look at Sakuraba.

I like it. Phone Post

Maybe that trend is ending--if I remember right bahadurzada is fighting erick silva which should be an easy one for him.

Either way I love these overseas shows, they showcase a lot of unheralded talent that otherwise gets buried on an undercard in Vegas. Phone Post

behrens14 - The Japanese don't even give their Japanese superstars gimme fights so why would the UFC? Obviously the Japanese love watching them have tough fights, look at Sakuraba.

Which one is Japanese?

ttt

Bart by KO Phone Post

TTT for Bart

-love the WEC guys but i wouldnt mind some hioki magic in japan.

Hioki is awesome!  I bet he will shine this fight, win or lose.

well, the jmma fanboys will officially commit hari kari after this

SleepBomb -  well, the jmma fanboys will officially commit hari kari after this

hari karishna?