Heart - - How do you get it??

I know as an adult, it's probably too late for me, but I have a 4 yo son. How do you develop heart?? I would think it's developed, that you're not just born with it??

Like Chris Tuchscherer in the Gonzaga fight. How many guys would have quit instead of trying to fight through it?

You steal it from your 4 yr old son, along with his youth

best way to develop heart is to inject some nandrolone and some test cypionate directly to the heart.HGH i heard works also.

lol

Justin White -  You are just born with it.
yup! You get the "heart" dna from mom and dad

I would say enroll him in wrestling over any other art to begin with or build a base. Wrestling teaches you tough, tenacious, and aggressive.

CRE "Very few..it's a sheltered society filled with too much technology,"

Says the man with 43k post on an internet message board

spankings... for no reasons.

do what you can to have him play sports and develop his competitive streak, thats what keeps you going when things are getting rough and you are tired.

I think that the essence of "heart" is something that you are born with but can be developed as well to an extent.  A prologonged tough upbringing can help develop heart but like someone before me said, you shouldn't go out of your way to make your kid's life tough...

I've been told that I have a ton of hear, as a matter of fact, I'm not that great of a fighter, technically speaking, but I just love the sport and the art and I can take an asolute beating without ever thinking about giving up.  There is nothing that could ever be done to me in the ring or cage that is worse than what I've been through in my life...that is the way I look at it...however, I was abused for 15 years and it was so bad that I was 16 years old before I realized that it wasn't normal....not the life I would wish upon anyone but it has definitely made me the person that I am today.

RickStorm - 
yup! You get the "heart" dna from mom and dad

Damn. He's f*cked!

Thanks for the input guys. The beatings start tonight. j/k

WHAT ABOUT LOVE??

ShanTheMan - You steal it from your 4 yr old son, along with his youth

and his innocence - don't forget the innocence!

EasyTapper - I know as an adult, it's probably too late for me, but I have a 4 yo son. How do you develop heart?? I would think it's developed, that you're not just born with it??

Like Chris Tuchscherer in the Gonzaga fight. How many guys would have quit instead of trying to fight through it?

You just have it, you earn it.
You probably had an easy childhood.

piratepirate - 
EasyTapper - I know as an adult, it's probably too late for me, but I have a 4 yo son. How do you develop heart?? I would think it's developed, that you're not just born with it??

You just have it, you earn it.

You probably had an easy childhood.
Wait...Do you just have it or do you earn it?

I think for the most part, you are born with it and it is developed, like someone said above, over time. I had a fairly easy childhood, nothing too bad. I was never spanked. My dad helped develop it by teaching my that nothing will ever pay off with out hard work. It is hard work taking a beating and still coming forward. I've been on the shit end of the stick through a few beat downs... and I don't know how many times my opponents were upset even though they decisively won... "You just wouldn't stop getting up/You just wouldn't go down..."

Wasn't that good of a fighter growing up. I was only in about 5 fights at school.(hated fighting)I only won about half of those. I have never been knocked out and it never has really hurt me to get hit.(or any variation of that)

Cruz Gomez

All in all, give him a good work ethic, teach him self respect and hope that he has a hard head. If all goes as planned, he will never give up on himself and hopefully will have the noggin to take a punch.

Cruz Gomez

Life experiences, you've got to go through a life time of being made feel like a failure, or something drastic that you can always go back, when you feel like quiting, that just makes you go, "No, fuck you, this is mine, I'm not quiting!"