Hello from India

Hello Phone Post 3.0

Disclaimer: I'll be going on a little rant against Cricket so please dont mind the slightly offtopic post.

I grew up watching cricket but I realized around 10-12 years ago that half of the time I was just watching commercials and there were much better/shorter/thrilling sports out there.

To Quote the Great dfw jr.(lol) "Who gives a $hit if you win anything in cricket"

I agree with him. Cricket isnt even India's national sport (It's field hockey, similar to Ice hockey but played on an Articifical astro turf). Hardly 5 countries competitively play cricket (If you dont count Bangladesh,Kenya,Ireland, Zimbabwe etc who are merely there to make the numbers up) and it took India freakin 28 YEARS to win a Cricket world cup (India won the world cup in 2011 after last winning in 1983, and the whole country was dancing in the streets at 1 AM, this is how mad this country is). You have to watch commercials half the time in a match. People complain that American football is slow, hell in an 8 hour match you'll be watching commercials for 3 to 4 hours!!And half the time the bowler is just walking back to his run up from where he'll run and bowl the ball (Its not stand and deliver like a baseball pitch). The corporate houses and companies have latched on to it and there's just commercials every 4 minutes but still people watch this madness.

People adore cricketers and every national team player has a hefty contract and does loads of commercials. Other sports are completely ignored. We have the World #3 Chess player in the world (Vishwanathan Anand) who now lives in Spain cos he has better facilities there, Abhinav Bindra (Shooting Olympics Gold Medallist) is based out of Germany. There's lots of such examples there. The point I am trying to make is that so much attention is being focussed solely on cricket that all the other Olympic sports are being ignored. It pains me when small countries like Kazakhstan, Iran or even Jamaica finish above India in the Olympics (No disrespect to any countries mentioned but we have like 1.3 Billion people, we can surely do much better).

Anyways, sorry for the long post and the rant. Just wanted to point out that how too much attention on one sport (which isnt even an olympic sport) is killing other sports. Just had to rant about cricket and get it out of my system lol.

My Web design team is in Chandigarh, I got them all interested in MMA, welcome. Phone Post

. Phone Post

Yup, I'm a Sikh from Punjab. (mom from Pakistan punjab, dad from india punjab) but live in Canada.

Welcome to the board!

lookoutawhale - 

Yup, I'm a Sikh from Punjab. (mom from Pakistan punjab, dad from india punjab) but live in Canada.

Welcome to the board!

Holy $hit, the legend "lookoutawhale" is a Punjabi? Satsriakaal Paaji!!! Sab Changa?? You have the funniest MMA related stuff on Youtube. Much respect!!

Desifighter - 
lookoutawhale - 

Welcome to the board!

Holy $hit, the legend "lookoutawhale" is a Punjabi? Satsriakaal Paaji!!! Sab Changa?? You have the funniest MMA related stuff on Youtube. Much respect!!

hunjee, satsriakaal paaji, sara kush teek tak. thusi sanao

thanks for liking my vids bud!

Kia Jai desifighter.....

lookoutawhale -

Welcome to the board!

wow man I had no idea.

chaka de phatte Phone Post 3.0

Awesome thread. Voted up and welcome to the board. Phone Post 3.0