Henderson/Rampage IS FOR TITLE!

The UFC 75 main event between UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson (27-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and PRIDE welterweight and middleweight champion Dan Henderson (22-5 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will, in fact, be a title fight.

Today on The Stephen Quadros Show, Quadros and and co-host Aaron Crecy passed along a report — citing Zuffa LLC (parent company of the UFC) sources — that the fight would be for the UFC light heavyweight championship.

Source=UFC Junkie.com

REST OF THE STORY

Good news - the 5-round fight is on!

"Yes but not for the Pride title, which was the whole discussion."

Uhh, no. It's a UFC belt, and people thought it should be up for grabs. Who gives a flying fuck about the Pride belts at this point? (This coming from a guy who purchased every Pride as well as UFC).

There were many discussions that revolved around the possibility of neither belt being on the line.

You must not have taken part in the big thread about this, because the discussion was mostly about this not being a title fight at all and only being 3 rounds.

5 rounds is the important thing.

gonna be a war

Good thing he did that, cause I definitely ain't ordering that fight if no belt is on the line.

Will be watching no matter what. 5 rounds or 3. Glad its 5 . I don't see it going all 5 though. Thats just me.

It was??? I don't think so, or at least that would have been retarded... You know, being there is no Pride anymore and all.

Maybe it's to unify the titles and they will do away with the Pride belt and the UFC belt will be absolute.

why would the pride belt be on the line??? the ufc would never let thier champ fight in pride

so if hendo wins he is the unified champ but if rampage wins he just keeps his title? hendo i think would be the 1st ever hold belts in the ufc and pride(excluding tournaments titles).

"The cage vs. the ring is the main and only significant difference between how the two titles were won."

Having eaten an elbow to the face, I'd say they are pretty significant.