Hendo cool with co-main event contrary to trolls

“I am perfectly fine as the co-main (event),” wrote Henderson. “I will get to relax and enjoy the women go at it.”

It was his trainer that was unhappy. Hendo is happy and said so prior as well, he just wants to fight

Troll on

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dan-henderson-is-perfectly-fine-with-co-main-event-status-at-ufc-157

yeah, there's no way a fighter/athlete/entertainer/politician would play Good Cop Bad Cop with PR.

Yea, that sounds about right Hiki. Hendo worrying about crap like that. It keeps him up nights, LOL. This ain't sonnen he DGAF and if he did he'd say so.

Given that he gasses and gets his head pounded in the championship rounds due to his wildman approach, I suspect he'd prefer to fight only three rounds.

^what ?

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

^what ?

If his fight were the headliner, he would have to fight five rounds, which is difficult for him because he throws so many power punches. I'm saying he'd probably prefer to fight three rounds as the co-main, since he gets paid the same and has a better chance of getting a title shot this way.

^ head pounded in?

STFU

BaraoKix - ^ head pounded in?

STFU

This, fight with Page was razor close and he won most of rd.4 Vs shogun too.

...and then he got his head pounded in.

:D

B_Goetz - ...and then he got his head pounded in.

:D

Wow a real hater. Yea with pitter patter. LMFAO, 80+ pitter patter shots from a devastated fighter who took tons more damage then did Hendo and who was destroyed in the striking game when it mattered. Hendo NEVER in danger.

Chill out guys. He's not hating on Hendo. Simply saying he gases because he goes so hard for the finish, something Chael even said about his fight with Shogun.

And Shogun did have mount and could land whatever he wanted in the last 2 rounds of that fight. I don't see what the big deal is Phone Post

Hendo fans are a sensitive bunch. He gasses in later rounds guys, it's not hating just reality. He is fine with co-main for a few reasons that he knows, but I bet this is a factor.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Chill out guys. He's not hating on Hendo. Simply saying he gases because he goes so hard for the finish, something Chael even said about his fight with Shogun.

And Shogun did have mount and could land whatever he wanted in the last 2 rounds of that fight. I don't see what the big deal is Phone Post

Um actually in rd 4 Hendo got a crucifix, a brief mount, a Td and shogun took the last 90 seconds (about) of the round. It was good enough though IMO as he hit Dan with a HUGE uppercut and did mount before getting reversed.

In the 5th Dan was hit with pitter patter without exception and took very little damage (the judges backed that up in there explanation exactly) & was never in danger. That is not "getting you head pounded in" sorry.

If Shogun did "what he wanted" he would have finished Dan, he could not, it was not close. Post is 0/10

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Hendo fans are a sensitive bunch. He gasses in later rounds guys, it's not hating just reality. He is fine with co-main for a few reasons that he knows, but I bet this is a factor.

Hendo has always gassed, and he has come back in fights late when it looked like he could not many times too (only with weight on BTW). The facts in my post above stand exactly.

Lazer MMA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Chill out guys. He's not hating on Hendo. Simply saying he gases because he goes so hard for the finish, something Chael even said about his fight with Shogun.

Um actually in rd 4 Hendo got a crucifix, a brief mount, a Td and shogun took the last 90 seconds (about) of the round. It was good enough though IMO as he hit Dan with a HUGE uppercut and did mount before getting reversed.

In the 5th Dan was hit with pitter patter without exception and took very little damage (the judges backed that up in there explanation exactly) & was never in danger. That is not "getting you head pounded in" sorry.

If Shogun did "what he wanted" he would have finished Dan, he could not, it was not close. Post is 0/10

Take a chill pill and quit being so sensitive. Good grief, man, just talk like an adult.

I never said Shogun spent every second of the fourth round beating Hendo. When someone spends several minutes postured up in mount they are able to land what they want essentially. Shogun was just gassed too, and Hendo is tough as they come. Hendo really wasn't doing anything but surviving.

I'm not saying anything outlandish or crazy at all. Chael even talks about Hendo getting tired on the JRE and they're close friends lol. Phone Post

Hendo has always looked better in 3 round fights.

Lazer MMA - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

No.

He said Shogun could land 'whatever he wanted' in the last 2 rounds and thats exactly what he did.

Whether they were kill shots or not is irrelevant. Dan was gassed and there to be hit - that is the point he was making.

Shogun may well have finished if he himself wasn't so gassed.

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

<br />
<br />
Hendo has always gassed, and he has come back in fights late when it looked like he could not many times too (only with weight on BTW). The facts in my post above stand exactly.</blockquote>

Yes, thank you. He gasses, like you said. Hence him being just fine with a 3 rounder against a guy like machida. 

Shogun was gassed as well. Machida I have never seen gas. 

Hendo is better off in a three rounder.

Lazer MMA - Wow a real hater. Yea with pitter patter. LMFAO, 80+ pitter patter shots from a devastated fighter who took tons more damage then did Hendo and who was destroyed in the striking game when it mattered. Hendo NEVER in danger.

He's one of my favourite fighters.

I think he was in danger of being stopped, not because of the ferocity of Shogun's attack, but because he was nearly too tired to defend himself by the end.