Hendo: I'm ready to test Jones' chin

Hendo is a small 205 and Jones is a BIG 205. Machida looked puny against Jones. Dan would look like a welterweight next to him.

stonepony - 
TheAlchemist -  Dana's scared Hendo will derail the Jones train.
You're just smoking crack aren't you? I bet you've picked against JJ in his last 4 fights haven't you? Henderson just had one of the most epic battles in MMA history against Shogun. Whereas JJ smashed him and it wasn't even a fight.

You can't make an argument that Henderson is a threat to Jones. All you can do is make the empty statement over and over.

I actually picked Jones to win his last 4. What's your point again? Dana knows Jones is unproven when taking punishment, because he hasn't really taken any. Yes, Lyoto hit him several times but Lyoto's not really known for his punching power, Dan on the other hand only needs 1 clean shot. Dana doesn't want to stake future millions on one punch. BOOM! Jones gets Bisping'd and Dana's out a GOAT and replaced it with a migraine.

Hendo is ready to get lit up, he can't go five rounds hard, shogun and Jake shields have had him mounted for full rounds almost.

I think he is better off wrestling Anderson which is still probably gunna end in him losing bad. Phone Post

Hendo has a chance with his right hand no doubt. I'd like to see this fight.

Hendo could still fight Jones while the winner of Rashad/Phil could fight that winner. It is all a matter of timing. Jones could fight Hendo in End of March and Evans/Davis winner could face the winner in Aug.

I would be happy with that and I don't see why Rashad or Davis would complain. Unless the fight ends with a quick KO and the winner comes in/out of the fight with no injuries. If they end up having a war or the winner takes some damage, I can see them liking the idea of getting a month or two off before entering the next camp.

Like I said, it is all a matter of timing.

TheAlchemist -  Dana's scared Hendo will derail the Jones train.

and then go to Dream

Compared to Jones, Hendo is short and slow. Like everyone else Hendo would eventually get taken down and smashed to pieces by elbows.

Henderson would get smashed. Phone Post

FCFBlazer - Um, I like Dan too much to see this matchup. Couldn't handle shields but wants to take on Bones? Phone Post

Styles make fights. I think Hendo would put up a tough battle. More so,I think it's always impossible to count out Dan Henderson. Phone Post

If Dan wins one minute of the fight these same people will be calling for a rematch after he gets subbed or KO'd. They'll claim Jones is too scared if he doesn't give him one.

Hendo doesn't fair well from the bottom and he risks takedowns due to how he chooses to fight.  If this fight does happen, he will lose it from the bottom...either through elbows or exaustion.

Still, Hendo probably has a better shot than anybody I can think of in the division at this point due to his KO power.

I'd certainly give him more of a shot than Shogun or Rashad.

I would like to see this.

I think machida would have 3 times the odds that hendo has of beating JJ that said good luck to him for trying to get the fight!

Rashad is a better fight. Phone Post

Be willing to bet Hendo gets next shot. Mostly because Rashad/Davis is still 6 weeks away though.

Poor Rashad. Hopefully he gets to fight for a belt soon though.

JasonGV - I would like to see this.

lol Hendo wont even get near his chin.

I love Hendo and I'd love to see this fight..but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on him.

stonepony - Machida has the perfect style, and the perfect skillset, to strike with Jones. If Dan wants to do it he needs to learn that karate style of diving in and countering. The only reason Machida can do it is because he's been refining it since he could walk.

Dan Henderson needs to learn karate? GTFO.

With a 10" reach advantage over most of the division, nobody should be standing in front of Jon and trying to strike with him: not Machida, not Rampage, not Shogun, not Henderson. not lil Nog, not even Anderson. Nobody.

stonepony -  Machida is the one guy with the tools to get through Jones' reach and put hands on him. Nobody else has a chance (other than possibly Anderson).

The tools to beat Jon Jones include phenomenal grappling skills, heavy hands, good sub defense and a iron chin to get inside of his reach.

Dan Henderson has all of those and, I believe, the best chance of dethroning Jon and walking out of the Octagon with the UFC LHW strap.

Never cout out Dan but I don't see him doing any better getting inside than rampage did.

As it has been said before Machida and his in and out timing was the best chance of catching Jones and I think Rashad could potentially present that issue as well.

I think Dan's best chance would be cathing him with an H-Bomb as JJ was circling out as he tends to drop his hands. That said I don't see that happening.

Would love to watch these two fight in the clinch though. Would answer some questions about how good JJ's clinch game really is.

Fuck it why not? 

Dan has paid his dues and I think it would be a fun fight even though I don't see Dan having a chance in hell.  Jones is just too damn big and so vicious when he has top control.