Hendo stuffed 9/10 takedowns

How does that not earn you any points? Is that not the definition of octagon control? The one rashad did land was extremely insignificant. I can shoot all day on anyone and fail. Phone Post

You don't get points for defending, takedown attempts equal aggression while takedown defends just shows that you're defending against aggression. Just like how you don't get points for defending sub attempts, because its the other guy forcing you to defend

It's pretty basic stuff, read up on how fights are scored. Phone Post 3.0

malryan - You don't get points for defending, takedown attempts equal aggression while takedown defends just shows that you're defending against aggression. Just like how you don't get points for defending sub attempts, because its the other guy forcing you to defend

No shit but you don't think that's a flaw in the scoring system? I know how fights are scored fuck face Phone Post

shaveit -
malryan - You don't get points for defending, takedown attempts equal aggression while takedown defends just shows that you're defending against aggression. Just like how you don't get points for defending sub attempts, because its the other guy forcing you to defend

No shit but you don't think that's a flaw in the scoring system? I know how fights are scored fuck face Phone Post

Settle down champ, you obviously don't know how fights are scored in that respect or you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

And no I don't think it's flawed, you shouldn't score points for defending, the aggressor should always be looked at more favourably.

Fuckface.... Phone Post 3.0

Also, it's not even close to the definition of octagon control, seriously....read the rules. Phone Post 3.0

Like I said I can shoot all day and fail. How is that winning? Phone Post

No reason to get heated. While it appears to be a flaw, it's harder to define defense that merits points. Whereas, with offense, you can measure the strike , how damaging it was and how effective it becomes.

The less subjectivity in judging criteria, the better. Phone Post 3.0

malryan -
shaveit -

Settle down champ, you obviously don't know how fights are scored in that respect or you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

And no I don't think it's flawed, you shouldn't score points for defending, the aggressor should always be looked at more favourably.

And I wasn't asking a question, I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the rule Phone Post

shaveit -
malryan -
shaveit -

And I wasn't asking a question, I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the rule Phone Post

Oh I see, so you were making a statement...that ended with a question mark.

"how does that not earn you any points? Is that not the definition of octagon control?"

Yeah that's not a question at all... Phone Post 3.0

I mean if your dumb you think it's actual question. Phone Post

hendo stuffed my will to watch him fight MMA

It's better to have tried to win then to have never tried at all.. because you were trying o stop someone from winning.

Judges are trying to decide who is winning... being on the defensive doesn't fill this criteria.

WestCoastKid - and you got busted big time by malryan for making a noob thread asking dumb questions and then trying to cover it up with insults

nice

He would get 10 points for aggression in round one, but he went on the defence in rounds two and three, so he loses a split decision, Cecil peoples scored it 30/27 in his favour hence the split. Phone Post 3.0