Here’s your UFC 300 main event

Weak main event imo. Hill acts like he’s the real champ, but he only got the belt because Jiri vacated. Periera fighting Jiri was a way more meaningful fight.

4 Likes

1 Like

We need another banger for this card to be good.

Brock vs Aspinal to headline or something wild like that.

I remember Dana saying that working with Jon Jones is like working with an artist. (add talks of recent injury and drunken comedy show appearance)

Then recently, he responded to a media question regarding Conor: “Would you be here if you were rich?”

It’s wild how a “Sports League” can’t get two of their GOATS out to what’s usually a milestone event.

Moving forward, the “100” numbered events are just events I guess.

3 Likes

Lmfao what a mediocre PPV. They couldn’t get any real stars?! What a let down

3 Likes

The main card is really bad for a special event. Check the past ones:

UFC 100:

1. Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir
  2. GSP vs Thiago Alvez
  3. Dan Henderson vs Bisping
  4. Akiyama vs Alan Belcher
  5. Paulo Thiago vs Jon Fitch

UFC 200 (scheduled):

1. Jon Jones vs Cormier
  2. Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt
  3. Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne
  4. Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
  5. Nunes vs Meisha Tate

UFC 300:

1. Hill vs Pereira
  2. Xiaonan vs Zhang
  3. Kattar vs Sterling
  4. Tsarukyan vs Olivera
  5. Holloway vs Gaethje

Dont Know You GIF

To a degree, you’re right.

2 Likes

They were obviously scrambling to find a main event before tickets go on sale tomorrow. Hill just said in an interview that this fight really didn’t come together until Friday, the day before UFC 298, when he got into town for the event lol.

this is a serviceable main event.

This, kinda doesnt feel that special with shitty card, not good look for ufc, specially at this stage

2 Likes

is this the first non joe silva 00’ card?

Context is everything. If this was just another card it would be a really good card. I’m not even sure I would call it a great card though. It’s UFC 300 and uncle dana was hyping it up like it was going to be the greatest card of all time. You can’t promise stuff like that, and then deliver with this. Top to bottom it’s a really good card with depth, but the five featured bouts on the main card make for a good but not great card compared to the average card and the co-main and main events aren’t fights that are going to get diehards super excited let alone casuals.

1 Like

UFC 300 - main event.

Hill and AP make it a 5 round grappling affair and ridicule the sport of MMA for a lifetime

1 Like

It’s like UFC 300 is just a bunch of co-main events.

2 Likes

Resemble Sign Language GIF by ISL Connect

Xiaonan vs Zhang
Making this before Pereira is not good, those women would put you to sleep and kill all the vibe/atmosphere and if Pereira does it quickly you wont feel any Main event “aura”.

Its like you are watching two men blast each other face for straight an hour and here watch this kinder-garden hide and seek shit for 25min

The_Godfather_Part_III

Alien-3-poster

1 Like