Herschel Walker: "Not normal"

I know he aint throwing any kicks with those giant frankenstein feet

i had the priveledge of meeting and talking with herschel for a bit and read his book he truly is one of a kind

hopefully he doesn't pull a johnny morton....

i'd be more impressed with being physically capable of fighitng after a 14 year pro football career as a running back than as a 47 year old.

People are going to eat crow

Always loved his work ethic, 1,000 a day of each, squats, push ups, sit ups, or some crazy stuff like that, claimed he didn't lift weights.

MrMosis - 
Always a fitness fanatic, he has stayed in supreme condition with a daily workout regimen highlighted by 3,500 sit-ups and from 750 to 1,500 push-ups. He eats one meal a day -- mostly salads and soups, and never red meat -- and sleeps only three to four hours a night.

uh, what?

Herschel has always lived liked that.

If you think about it, he was ahead of his time. Using bodyweight exercises and the Warrior Diet before they were trendy and cool!

pharochuck - 
[/
didnt really work out for Ron Van Cleif so I wouldnt say "omg hes 47 but rippedz, he gonna pwn nubs in teh mma!!!!"

Van Cleif was in his 50's and built like a grandfather and was twenty years past his prime. walker is about ten years past his but still maintained his conditioning

Van Clief was in his 50's yes, but he was still pretty ripped. In better condition than some other competitors from UFC 4. Its not the lack of muscle or cardio that hurts older fighters. Its the slow reflexes, lack of aggression, etc.

yeah he was doing that in college, early eighties. sounded like a nut job then, but the results speak for themselves

exactly.. you cant deny the athlete he was /is

what weight class is he fighting at

he lifts weights during football. but weights were and are not constant.

This why I have always said, genetics plays a huge role!!

If a guy with not so great genetics, tries to do what this guy is doing, he will probably fail bad!!

This works for him!!

pharochuck - yeah he was doing that in college, early eighties. sounded like a nut job then, but the results speak for themselves

well herschel was a genetic freak when he was in the nfl...not surprising

Hope he wins, just for the Hershelfan posters that will pop up

papasmurf24 - Rumor has it he is fighting some guy that just got out of prison.  He is also in his late 40's and just opened a school on Long Island.  I think his name is war god or sin or daffodil or something like that.

Almost lol'd at work. Very funny.

Jesus Quintana - 
MrMosis - 
Always a fitness fanatic, he has stayed in supreme condition with a daily workout regimen highlighted by 3,500 sit-ups and from 750 to 1,500 push-ups. He eats one meal a day — mostly salads and soups, and never red meat — and sleeps only three to four hours a night.

uh, what?

what the fuck?

The fuck?

By that pic he looks like a 30 year old dude that has had a rough time. Let's wait and see. Abs and MMA cardio are two different things - look at Kimbo and Alexander...

But the man has always been driven so I think he'll do fine.

What team does he train with? That will have a lot to do with his success as well.

Rumor is that a certain person who has a fondness for fighting in wetsuits and runs a somewhat popular MMA related website is trying to get a fight with him.

And by rumor, I mean I heard it directly from man himself....

Evil Intentions -  

is that a toe ring?