Hey Stephan Kesting, Did You See Askren/Lawler?

Askren used that get up technique you showed with the wrestler a few weeks ago. The one where you reach to their far shoulder with the undertook to counter the whizzer. 

I saw it right away because ive used the detail many times since seeing your post. 

I thought it was neat. 

I couldn’t find the thread or I’d have bumped it. 

Hey King Trav, I haven’t watched that UFC yet.  It’s on the list for later this week. 

Is this the video you were looking for?

That’s it. That’s a fricking great detail. 

Agreed!  Total game changer 

Also... I think I remember seeing a kesa gatame escape vid on YouTube Kesting did getting out of the bulldog choke Lawler was in.

I see the reason for having a high underhook- anyone know why people like Lucas Leites says to have your underhook grab his hip - with a “low” underhook?

Which is “better”?

kying418 - I see the reason for having a high underhook- anyone know why people like Lucas Leites says to have your underhook grab his hip - with a "low" underhook?

Which is “better”?

Just a theory, but I don’t think Lucas minds being smashed down with a whizzer because he just uses the roll under sweep. Also, he’s always using a knee torque so I think that makes the position different. If you don’t have the knee torque and are in the position the wrestler is showing in Stephan’s video, there’s no way you will be able to dive underneath and hit a sweep. 

The dog fight positon?

He would have square his hips up regardless of where his hand position is imo. Ok assuming the detail is Askren is holding the collar of lawler with his underhook but I haven't seen the video you are referring to. If his underhook was low he still would of got to his knees like in the gif so I'm confused..