HG: Lets back Panos for Mayor

as presented, the rail is to basically service the future west oahu UH campus, airport, kakaako high rises, and waikiki tourists/part-time residents. the rail should stay out of suburban areas, so salt lake blvd should be taken off the line (f'k'n cachola). development along the line is supposed to support the life habits of the passengers. from my living and visiting cities w/ rail lines, i don't recall viable businesses( i.e. groceries, schools, dr. offices, gov't agencies) situated on or close enough to the lines to support the passengers daily life. what i observed is the rail acted as another bus line.

so much for that plan...

People in this state can be manipulated too easily. They went for the "popular" mayor that can talk smooth in a debate.

They even voted for Patsy Mink after she died.

HONOLULU MAYOR

Candidate Votes Percent
Mufi Hannemann 80,260 49.39%
Ann Kobayashi 49,020 30.17%
Panos Prevedouros 28,782 17.71%

Total votes: 158,062

(not a really high number for votes, seems like people just don't care anymore.

It was one of the lowest turnouts. The candidates are all a joke. The issues, the spending etc are all a joke. I can't remember when we had a great Mayor. Maybe Fasi. He was working so hard one of his son's got busted for dealing ice or something.

local politicians know and do anything they want because a small percent of the population votes. when they run for office, they only worry about 10% of the total population. i believe it was 35% of registered voters voted yesterday. sad. i hope panos keeps working to keep us educated about wasteful projects and spending. i think we all win for his efforts to become mayor.