Hideki Frazier? 5th degree under Joe Moreira

Frens, I smell McDojo...

* Received 8th Dan Tae Kwon Do from pioneer 9th dan World Tae Kwon Do Federation Grandmaster Won K. Bai.

* Received 5th dan Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Master Joe Moreira, 8th dan Coral USFBJJ. The fist non-Gracie to open an academy in America

* Received Muay Thai Kru Certification from Kru Richard Raciti

* Received 6th dan Black Belt from Famed Pressure Point Master George Dillman in Ryu Kyu Kempo

* Received Tae Bo Certification from Famed Fitness Guru Billy Blanks

Tae Bo, Dillman, Tae Kwon Do and BJJ together?
Really?

this guy outranks Roy Harris.

http://fmalahabra.com

this shit again?

dude's still teaching, and is named on Joe's website. So yeah... Still wondering what the deal is.

Really?

With that stellar combination he can no touch armbar you while wearing ridiculous spandex outfit and demonstrating incredible flexibility. I think he is the future, the way and the truth.

shen - 

[I deleted my post]

I've already done a couple threads about this guy in the last decade or so I guess I don't always need to be the cranky guy with rambling complaints about fraudulent instructors.

In short, Hideki Frazier is exactly what you think he is.

A badass ninja that has combined the death touch with BJJ to create the deadliest art known to mankind?

I am finding stuff around that makes him sound legit like this:

http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php?topic=94804.0

But then I find this shit that looks bogus as fuck. It is like the guy purposely went around creating lame ass user names on these CMA sites saying that he is awesome just in case there were google searches on him. the dude seriously planted bullshit to up his image around the net. To the UG with this?

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91110

http://www.intermartialarts.com/forum/brazilian-jiu-jitsu/546-hideki-frazier-frazier-jiu-jitsu.html

I try to get away... but then THEY SUCK ME BACK IN!

Well, two years ago I stopped back in at Frazier's Martial Arts School. I used to spend every weekend in that same neighborhood for years. (My GF lived in La Habra and I would train a Rodrigo M.'s open mat on Saturdays).

According to the 16-year old girl black belt instructor in a "Got Kicks...?" T-shirt who greeted me when I visited, they only sometimes taught "A little BJJ mixed in with the TKD [& Dillman Pressure Point] Class."

She made it clear that they did NOT have any BJJ classes anymore.

I said, knowing damn well it used to be a "BJJ school": "Didn't you guys used to offer BJJ classes?"

She said: "Yeah, I think they used to." (It was probably before her time).

My personal guess is that when Carlson Gracie himself opened a BJJ school just a few blocks away, like 10-12 years ago (which then became Rodrigo Mediero's school, then Javi's, then Leo Viera's) Frazier ceased his public identity as a "BJJ instructor" and withdrew from advertising himself as such.

Now, maybe this was because he felt he couldn't "compete" with Carlson business wise, or maybe he was afraid to pretend to be a legit "BJJ Black Belt" with such extreme BJJ legitimacy just around the corner. Maybe both, I don't know.

But whatever the cause, at some point after that Carlson-then-Rodrigo school appeared, down came Frazier's giant "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" sign and up went a "Frazier Martial Arts sign". Then for 10+ years his school was 100% Tae-Bo classes and TKD/Dillman classes. No BJJ.

Yet, in the dozen years that followed, despite not teaching a BJJ class and not producing any BJJ students, Frazier continued to get promoted in BJJ.

Now suddenly, in the last year or so he has a new image and is once again offering "BJJ" (a 45 min class 2x a week) and also "Muay Thai" (actually it is a Muay Thai Work-out class) at his school. (He has some absurd "kru" certification under a fellow Joe Moreira BB and McDojo owner.)

I wonder if Frazier has hired someone else to teach the BJJ classes? If not, I'm gonna go train with him to see what the deal is. It would be great to get to train with a 5th degree BB!

shen - 

Well, two years ago I stopped back in at Frazier's school. I used to spend every weekend in that same neighborhood for years. (I would train a Rodrigo M.'s open mat on Saturdays).

According to the 16-year old girl black belt instructor in a "Got Kicks...?" T-shirt who greeted me, they only taught "A little BJJ mixed in with the TKD [& Dillman Pressure Point] Class."

She made it clear that they did not have any BJJ classes anymore.

I said, know damn well: "Didn't you guys used to offer BJJ classes?"

She said: "Yeah, I think they used to." (Probably before her time).

My personal speculation that when Carlson Gracie opened a school a few blocks away (like 12 years ago which then became Rodrigo Mediero's school, then Javi's, then Leo Viera's) Frazier ceased his public identity as a "BJJ instructor" and withdrew from advertising himself as such.

Down came the giant "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Sign" and up went a "Frazier Martial Arts sign".

Then for years his school was almost 100% Tae-Bo classes and Kid's TKD classes.

Suddenly, in the last year or so he has a new image and is offering "BJJ" and "Muay Thai". He is now a Muay Thai "kru". They have BJJ on their schedule for the first time in many years.

I wonder if Frazier has hired someone else to teach the BJJ classes? Kinda have a feeling he might have. If not, I'm gonna go train with him. It would be AMAZING to get to train with a 5th degree BB.

I am pretty sure this sounds like a perfect  mission for special agent shen. 

Seriously, you should go snoop around a bit and ask about classes and such. 

Granted that Joe, fresh from the plane, got duped into giving this dude a fake black belt... This does not explain his subsequent promotions, or that Joe -who I think is an awesome instructor- still backs this clown. But Shen, beware he teaches jiu jitsu grappling now, none of that brazilian shit. Phone Post

Joe Moreira sounds like an awesome individual who's never had a problem sharing his knowledge with people...I know jiujitsu addics who have went to his seminars and have come back more then satisfied with the experience.... then the promotions topic comes up and it just makes no sense. WTH?

I don't know the background, but couldn't the guy just be dropping Joe's name to legitimize his rank?

From all the seminar videos I've seen, Joe seems too laid back to go all McDojo on someone.

My 2 cents

Hideki Frazier, met him a few times, never really had any words with him.

"BUT", being an instructor for Joe for many years, I will have to say there were a cuople of guys that lied to Joe about their past instuctors and time on the mat(not saying this about Hideki Frazier)

Ive been to all of Joe's belt changes. Never ever saw this one guy in any of our classes. Came in one night for class and as we were putting on our gi's, this NEW guy comes in and say's look what Joe gave me, a black belt. When class ended I went to Joe in quetion about this guy, I tap him (at that time purple belt) and a couple blues tap him also.

Joe's word's were that he is a black belt under so an so and needed a gi and belt for the night. He did take the belt and never return.

To this day he say's he is a 4 degree black belt under Joe.

When I ask Joe about this a few years back, he just lift's his arms and said, just let it go.

My view, someone took advantage of Joe with some quiok bullshit, was not truthful.

Just my view on what I saw.

* Received 6th dan Black Belt from Famed Pressure Point Master George Dillman in Ryu Kyu Kempo

* Received Tae Bo Certification from Famed Fitness Guru Billy Blanks

Really?

Hater's gunna hate man! This dudes cardio is probably through the roof and it doesn't even have to be since he can no touch KO half of his attackers ...

I asked Comprido about this guy once when he was in Atlanta, he just laughed

Joe Moreira is a damn master in jiu-jitsu, but it's crazy how he's been involved with all sorts of, huh, people...

Joe a Master under Reylson

Interesting Randy, thanks for the insight...

That confirms what I heard about the guy from another student at Joe's school, during the same time period.

The guy I talked too was a Blue Belt and he said he had never seen the guy (Hideki Frazier) before when Hideki got his black belt. He had a similarly low opinion of Hideki's skills, though I don't know if he rolled with him or just watched him or what.

I also have an old friend who didn't train at Joe's who told me he rolled with Hideki 10+ years ago (as a white or blue) and was of the same opinion that there was no way the guy could be a legit black belt, based on his rolling ability.

I don't know, but I find it interesting.

I wonder if Hideki ever gave any BJJ ranks to anyone...?