Holy sh*t - $75,000 fight night bonuses...

Who says the UFC is stiffing these guys, holy shit.

From MMAJunkie.com

Jonathan Goulet, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Jason MacDonald and Demian Maia each earned $75,000 "fight night" bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC 83 event at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

The winners and the bonus amounts were announced in a post-event press conference and confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The three fights represented by the four winners all appeared on the night's preliminary card.

Goulet and Hironaka split fight of the night honors. Hironaka nearly earned the TKO victory in the waning seconds of the first round before Goulet stormed back for a knockout in the second round. The bout kicked off Saturday's 11-fight event.

MacDonald earned the KO of the night for his victory over Joe Doerksen. MacDonald nearly ended it with an early guillotine choke. Although, Doerksen survived the first round, he didn't last even a minute in the second as MacDonald ended it with a ground-and-pound onslaught just 56 seconds into the round.

Maia picked up the submission of the night bonus for his triangle choke of Ed Herman. After locking in the submission, Herman rolled to his back and ate a series of punches before finally losing consciousness from the choke.

ttt

It's awesome these guys are getting paid like this finally.

Impressive.

The way Maia finished Herman was fucking epic.

Do they have to pay taxes on it if they are in Canada? If they do, maybe thats why they put a little extra on it?

If not, then its great to see fighters take home that kind of scratch.

Great for the fighters

Saltyballs - Do they have to pay taxes on it if they are in Canada? If they do, maybe thats why they put a little extra on it?

If not, then its great to see fighters take home that kind of scratch.

Or they could put more on it because they had 22,000 people there and the gate alone was sufficent enough to put out those kind of bonuses, if not more.

The Jonathan Goulet/Kuniyoshi Hironaka fight was sick, I have yet to see the Herman fight...ttt for vid

Congrats Road Warrior!!!

ttt would really like the vid of the Herman/Maia fight..

The Goulet fight was good because they are both so terrible on defense.

I wonder if Canada will report the purse amounts.

Cindy

CindyO - 

I wonder if Canada will report the purse amounts.

Cindy

Doubtful. They don't for the TKO shows...

Sorry Nick. I voted you down before I realized you were kidding. My bad.

Sweet! I'm so happy for my boy Jonathan Goulet...they both deserved it!