Horiguchi signs with RIZIN

I didn't realise he was out of contract with UFC. Good for him. He can make a lot of money, and become a home grown star in RIZIN. There aren't many, if any, fighters in his weight class not in the UFC, who will give him trouble.

Forgot to mention he will be fighting on the April event.

Very cool. good for global mma.

WCW/WWF rivalry was good for ratings. Some steam for Rizin is a good thing for global MMA.

Would love to see fighter sharing between two rival promotions. But didn't Pride stiff the UFC on their end of the bargain when Chuck went to Pride to fight? They were supposed to reciprocate with Sakuraba or something? Can someone clarify possibly?

Rizin bringing the NEO-Pride feel.

is this official? huge news if it is

He'll be champ his second fight

This actually makes MMA fun again. I love seeing one sided match ups and no names scoring an upset. I'm actually now excited to see a 125 pound fight but honestly hope he goes up to 135

Bibiano or Moraes would make good fights

Meanwhile, Lobov is headling in the UFC....

Acidic -

This actually makes MMA fun again. I love seeing one sided match ups and no names scoring an upset. I'm actually now excited to see a 125 pound fight but honestly hope he goes up to 135

Bibiano or Moraes would make good fights

Bibiano is at ONE not at RIZIN.

Horiguchi is fine at RIZIN. Lets face it at UFC he was getting the prelims until he got another shot at Demetrious then he was going back to the prelims. In RIZIN he can get promoted as a star.

Im all for the idyllic all-the-top-in-one-org concept, but in reality some fighters get a better rub by being a big fish in a small pond.

UFC will come back calling when he gets that extra shine he doesnt have now.  Asuming they still have mens 125ers by then of course.

Who? Is it the guy that fought mm?