Houston Alexander to fight next month.

From http://www.houstonalexander.net/

"My next fight will be against Sherman Pendergarst on Friday, September 18 at the Mid America Center in Council Bluffs, IA.

It’ll be with Adrenaline MMA as a warm up fight for the UFC later this year. You can watch it live on HDNet."

Good luck The Assassin!

Was he cut from the UFC?

Master Shredder -  Was he cut from the UFC?

i guess so, but maybe only so he can try out his new ground skills outside of the octagon with the understanding he has another contract waiting for him.

The guy is very marketable but they cant have him in there dropping a fourth straight loss. (though obviously there are no guarantees that this may not happen)

Pendergast, his next match up outside the UFC is 11 14 according to sherdog

He's not cut.

Very strange that Dana would allow him to fight on an Adrenaline card. I wonder what the over/under is of this fight actually happening?

He already had come out and said the UFC is allowing him take this fight....so he was not cut.

I hope he gets more defense on the ground...the dude brings it on the feet.

Houson is super marketable.. but not good enough for the UFC right now

He needs a conifdence booster, Dana is giving him greenlight.

VERY SMART

he's fighting a guy with a .500 record so i hope he wins cuz a loss could sylvia his chances of getting back to ufc

sherman the tank is retty strong.

Adrenaline IV baby.

IOWA! 

Sherman's lost 5 straight and 10 of 12 overall, Houston better win or else he will not get another UFC fight.

nice match up.

I am friends with Sherman and won't make excuses for his recent losses.  I wish him the best of luck in every fight.  Houston is a dangerous opponent for anyone.  This will be the lightest Sherman has ever weighed for an MMA bout.  Most of Sherman's fights, he has been around the 265 lbs heavyweight limit.

Houston will wreck him.

You guys do know who Pendergarst is...Right? Bad, bad warm up fight. Houston is no spring chicken and this fight could end his UFC career.

It would be in the best interest of everyone involved if Sherman took a fall for some extra cash.

I'm not saying he would or does do "works".

This is why I can't stand "warm up fights" that take place with a smaller promotion most of them seem fishy to me.

Rumbler - You guys do know who Pendergarst is...Right? Bad, bad warm up fight. Houston is no spring chicken and this fight could end his UFC career.

It would be in the best interest of everyone involved if Sherman took a fall for some extra cash.

I'm not saying he would or does do "works".

This is why I can't stand "warm up fights" that take place with a smaller promotion most of them seem fishy to me.

He's lost 10 of 12, no disrespect...but if Houston needs him to take a dive he doesn't belong in the UFC.

What weight is this fight at?