How About Kayla vs Cyborg?

The Professional Fighters League and Kayla Harrison are ready to set up a blockbuster fight with Bellator featherweight champion Cris Cyborg.

PFL co-owner Donn Davis took to Twitter on Friday to lay out the challenge on behalf of Harrison and the promotion, throwing down the gauntlet for Scott Coker and Bellatorā€™s featherweight champion. Coker recently did an interview with MMA Junkie to react to losing out on the Harrison free agency sweepstakes after the PFL matched Bellatorā€™s offer, while questioning Harrisonā€™s potential level of competition.

Davis had his own questions about Cyborgā€™s strength of schedule, although she is scheduled to defend her title against Arlene Blencowe at Aprilā€™s Bellator 279 event in Hawaii.
ā€œTo settle this nonsense: Kayla vs. Cyborg, loser pays production costs,ā€ Davis stated. ā€œ[PFL] is IN, [Harrison] is IN. What about Bellator and Cyborg?ā€

Harrison is expected to compete in the 2022 lightweight season for the PFL and will look to add another $1 million championship prize. The multi-time Olympic gold medalist has won all 12 of her pro fights, finishing 10 of them. After capturing her second season title in October, Harrison entered free agency and received offers from the PFL, Bellator, and the UFC.

Cyborg captured the Bellator featherweight title in her promotional debut, stopping Julia Budd at Bellator 238, and went on to finish her next three challengers. In her most recent bout, Cyborg knocked out Sinead Kavanagh in 92 seconds at Bellator 271 in a fight Harrison was in attendance for.

Iā€™d watch

1 Like

Though Cyborg has been around forever. No shame in losing at this point in her career. Pioneer

1 Like

Cyborg will be the less manly fighter for the first time in her career

1 Like

Cyborg would expose the smoke and mirrors show that is Kayla. It would be over very quickly.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing, especially looking at the photos in this thread.

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

Cyborg would end up on her ass and stay there until she is finished.

If Kayla canā€™t do that to the chick who bakes the beans at the county fair, how in the hell is she going to do that to Cyborg?

I predict a head kick KO in the first 15 seconds. Iā€™m not even sure Kayla has the day-one know-how to keep her hands up.

Kayla has the GOAT career plan in all of MMA. Hang out in the PFL, cash yearly million dollar checks, get out early and do commentating. Sheā€™s a woman with an Olympic gold medalā€¦ look me in the eye and tell me Iā€™m wrong.

Having said that, itā€™d take zero effort for Cyborg to just show up and say ā€œthatā€™s my million dollarsā€. Signing with Bellator might have been Cyborgā€™s biggest career mistake yet.

1 Like

I Want to see them kiss

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™d definitely be watching this fight. But Cyborg might be getting used to less competitive fights over there in bellator.

Too much to lose for PFL. I donā€™t think itā€™ll happen. PFL and Kaylaā€™s best bet is for her to continue to hide behind a tall fence and bark at passerby from a distance. If she really wanted the smoke she says she does, she just had the opportunity to go sign deals that were on the table from Bellator and UFC, but she decided to stay in PFL and beat up the likes of Cindy
Dandois and other D/C-Level competition.

Really not worth it to her or to PFL to endanger the one star they have (as close as she is to being a star) for a one-off fight against Cyborg, who is still dangerous.

Like I said on another thread, I canā€™t really blame her. If sheā€™s really banking as much money as is reported ($1M per tournament), sheā€™s playing it well business wise. Nunes losing to PeƱa shook up the economic landscape of WMMA, and probably derailed any plans Harrison might have had to ever come to UFC for a big fight with Nunes.

2 Likes

she has nice OO

1 Like