How about the 2 GOOD things for UFC 143?

1. Roy Fucking Nelson.

He knocks out Mirko,
    Goes 3 hard rounds with hard hitting current UFC Hw Champ JDS
    Gets out of THREE solid submission attempts against Werdum
    Tries to Choke Werdum

He has a mullet, and a fat belly.

The parody meter is going off the charts with this guy. Great performance even in a loss.

Werdum-good job, but you coasted and I think you should've gone for the finish.

2.Thompson
    63-0, undefeated in mma, and he's a white lyoto machida that looks like dominick cruz, and to make things interesting, he's a bible beater.
    New name arose from 143.

Honorable mention. Edwin Figueora.
    that dude has tons of heart, and SUPERIOR stand up. Bruce Leroy wanted NOTHING to do with homeboys stand up. 
    I agree with the 2 point deduction as I've seen Figuora fight before, those nut shots took a lot out of him and he wasn't the same fighter, yet still kept coming forward and put the hurt on despite having his balls caved in....twice.

Good post. I thought thompson had a similar stance and style to anderson silva. Phone Post

In before someone ruins this thread by bringing up the Diaz/Condit fight.

With that being said, I was super impressed by Werdum. His stand up looked much improved. Roy is a hard fight for any HW and Werdum handed him a beating like it was nothing. I look forward to seeing Wedrum matched up against Mir, or perhaps a Gonzaga rematch (I know he won decisively last time, simply throwing ideas out there).

In regards to Thompson, that headkick KO was bananas. Now that he's in the UFC I hope they continue to build him up slowly.

What about Figueroa, Caceres worked him everywhere excluding the headkick in the first. Figueroa would get subbed instantly against better grapplers, he just gives up positions.

I was waiting for a pic of Kim Windslow in a tight t-shirt or something ...

Jack Skellington -  I was waiting for a pic of Kim Windslow in a tight t-shirt or something ...

I just vomited in my mouth a little.

Leck Brosnar - What about Figueroa, Caceres worked him everywhere excluding the headkick in the first. Figueroa would get subbed instantly against better grapplers, he just gives up positions.

That's if he doesn't TKO or KO them first. Like the OP recognizes....and anybody that's been hit with hard cup shot...it drains you. AND it happened to Figueroa TWICE. Keep your objectivity clean,homie.

No lie, I replayed Thompson's Matrix move like three times.  My jaw litterally dropped the first time I saw it. 

And Big Country!!!!  DAMN!!!  Didn't think I could like the guy more!

Despite losing, Holloway and Kuiper looked good in their debuts.
Kuiper is way too small for MW at the moment. Hope he drops down to 170 or gets some diet advice from his pal Overeem.
Holloway looked slick as hell on the feet. Poirier was shooting for takedowns right away

KrzyBnzJnz -  Kim winslow is fucking sexy. Phone Post

http://images.townnews.com/lasvegascitylife.com/content/articles/2008/07/03/news/local_news/iq_224329531_thumb.jpg

See...this is what part of problem is with the fanbase. Give Big Country all this credit for being tough from all the damage.....but discredit Werdum giving out the damage...and say he coasted?? WOW...no wonder people are split on Diaz/Condit.

Give all fighters credit were it is due...but keep it at that. Nelson needs to fix something...because being "tough" is just going to get him cut from the UFC. I'm a fan of his...but thats the bitter truth.

Koku_Ryuu -  See...this is what part of problem is with the fanbase. Give Big Country all this credit for being tough from all the damage.....but discredit Werdum giving out the damage...and say he coasted?? WOW...no wonder people are split on Diaz/Condit.

Give all fighters credit were it is due...but keep it at that. Nelson needs to fix something...because being "tough" is just going to get him cut from the UFC. I'm a fan of his...but thats the bitter truth.

Don't get me wrong, I give Werdum all the credit. He deserved to win in my opinion, no questions asked. I just really admire Roy's heart and his bjj skill for a man of his physique.

I've been on the Werdum bandwagon for a while

.He's very legit, and I think it's a credit to the BJJ blackbelt that I think although his stand up was good, that he can do better. I think just do more of what was working for him, he did great at using his reach, but I think he was backpedaling a little too much in the latter rounds when Roy was already clearly gassed.