How can you not love WW?

Most fans know the top WW’s and Woodley should be returning soon. A clash with Covington is likely. Casual fans know that but they may not know just how deep the division is. 12-2 Warley Alves is only the 46th ranked UFC WW, 14-3 Jake Matthews just had an impressive win last weekend and is currently the 40th ranked UFC WW.

Bellator just announced their 8-man Grand Prix is starting in September. Besides their great vets the possibility of fighters like Ruth, MVP and Gracie entering it is exciting.

PFL fights are happening right now that will determine who qualifies for their 8-man tournament that starts in October and ends on NYE.

ACB is offering Mukhamed Berkhamov 12-0 vs Albert Tumenov 19-4 in September. Berkhamov just beat Cooper and Tumenov just beat Carneiro. I’m sure Aslambek Saidov 22-5 will be fighting again soon as well.

Fight Nights Global just saw Aliaskhab Khizriev move to 11-0 beating Rousimar Palhares.

RCC is featuring Nikolay Aleksakhi vs Elias Silverio in July. Both men ranked in the fightmatrix top 100 WW’s.

M1 has 18-0 Alexey Kunchenko who just moved to 18-0 beating

#170 WW Alexander Butenko.

Akhmat is a controversial promotion but it does have Khusein Khaliev 18-1 and Abubakar Vagaev 17-2 Akhmat as its featured WWs.

KSW may be a small promotion but 12-1 Dricus Du Plessis just upset 13-3 Roberto Soldic.

The young sport of MMA has never seen a talent pool as impressive as the 2018 LW and WW divisions. I’m really happy with what Bellator and PFL are doing with the division and while the UFC can’t force GSP to fight Woodley, they do try to make great WW fights on a regular basis and I don’t see that trend changing.

Take a look, the 2018 WW division is the deepest and most exciting division the sport has ever seen. Whether the fights go down in the UFC, Bellator, PFL or ACB… I know I’ll be watching.

I really believe that Neil Magny is headed for a breakthrough: Great size and reach, and awesome cardio.

Wonda Wousey ???

kristian82 -

Did you just leave Platinum Mike Perry off a post about how deep the WW division is? Either you are trolling or it's just a sign of how deep the division truly is.

You mean Mike Perry who has lost his last two and three of his last five?

It seems to me at least that someone with a three-figure post count is more likely to be a troll than someone with a five-figure post count.

TenOfSwords -
kristian82 -

Did you just leave Platinum Mike Perry off a post about how deep the WW division is? Either you are trolling or it's just a sign of how deep the division truly is.

It seems to me at least that someone with a three-figure post count is more likely to be a troll than someone with a five-figure post count.

But but he is loud and has face tattoos!?!?! He is not the GOAT?

I watched “Macaco”, Pele, Eugenio Tadeu, Renzo, Militech, and Sakurai lay the foundation for the WW’s on VHS. I guess that is why I am so impressed with what the division is today.

seek - Wonda Wousey ???

I laughed inside, not ol, so I did not type lol.

kristian82 -
TenOfSwords -
kristian82 -

Bro you just said Neil Magny GTFO. Perry does to Magny what he did to Hyun Gyu Lim, they are basically the same fighter.

Lombard and Kelvin couldnt do that to Magney. Perrys got a long way to go bwfore he is an elite WW.

Not to mention Usman, Till, Edwards, Masvidal, Wonderboy, Lawler, etc.

Huge upsets at WW last night for Kusch and Ray Cooper 3.0.

Story returns and Joao Zeferino, Bojan Velickovic, and Magomedkerimov all looked impressive.

Thursday, August 16th is the next set of fights for the WW’s and by the end of the night all the tournament participants will be decided.

Pretty cool that a couple guys that lost last night will have a chance at redemption and will be able to qualify for the quarter finals in October.

All Bellator WW tournament participants will be announced soon as well.