How did Pettis look out there?

Back to his best or still far from it despite winning?

Solid, thick, tight. 

No his best work. He was getting fucked up by leg kicks in the beginning

He looked fine, but I don't think he's a top 5 LW any more.

When he caught him with that knee he was honestly looking at his very best and was really feeling himself, it's just miller is a tough sob and pettis is experienced enough to know that and just kept picking at him rather then go all out on a guy with a granite chin.

so honestly I feel like pettis looked at his best and at some moments better then ever and anyone else would have been finished. That head kicked that split Jim open prolly woulda stopped most guys and the only reason he survived the triangles was cuz the blood.

this was the exact fight he's been needed. A fight to get his confidence back, he's that type of guy. He kept wanting to fight the top guys to get the title back and was losing because of it and that was seriously hindering his confidence. I really feel like he got it back there and we're gonna see more great things from him. Maybe they should give him the new redneck guy that has a resume of knocking guys out.

TakinAllFades -

When he caught him with that knee he was honestly looking at his very best and was really feeling himself, it's just miller is a tough sob and pettis is experienced enough to know that and just kept picking at him rather then go all out on a guy with a granite chin.

so honestly I feel like pettis looked at his best and at some moments better then ever and anyone else would have been finished. That head kicked that split Jim open prolly woulda stopped most guys and the only reason he survived the triangles was cuz the blood.

this was the exact fight he's been needed. A fight to get his confidence back, he's that type of guy. He kept wanting to fight the top guys to get the title back and was losing because of it and that was seriously hindering his confidence. I really feel like he got it back there and we're gonna see more great things from him. Maybe they should give him the new redneck guy that has a resume of knocking guys out.

Great reply, just what I was looking for. Thanks!

I noticed that he was kicking with delayed delivery, a bit like Rory in how they kinda lift the knee but read the reaction before the full delivery. That was new. He looked good but his hands are still lacking and didn't deliver those lighting quick kicks. I do think those delayed kicks are a good other layer to have in his kicking game.

Wasa-B - I noticed that he was kicking with delayed delivery, a bit like Rory in how they kinda lift the knee but read the reaction before the full delivery. That was new. He looked good but his hands are still lacking and didn't deliver those lighting quick kicks. I do think those delayed kicks are a good other layer to have in his kicking game.

He needs a quality boxing coach.

Pettis needs to start setting up his kicks better (again). He cannot rely on landing that one big kick to be consistently at the top.

One other thing: as he subbed Oliveira still in his FW detour, he had some decent triangle attempts on Miller who is a legit BJJ BB iirc. Pettis has a pretty sick guard for a top striker and has for a while.

Honestly I thought his boxing looked great against Alvarez.  Would really love to see Pettis get the strap back.

Looked like he has zero chance of being champ again 

He does have a sick guard.  He and cerrone are two guys who are as dangerous off their backs as they are off their feet.

I thought Pettis looked great last night. There aren't a lot of guys in the UFC that would've survived what Jim Miller had to endure last night. Props to Jim for being a tough son of a gun. Pettis hit him with almost everything and had some great sub attempts. I said last night that this Pettis could make another title run with the right matchup.