How did Woodley get a title shot?

RGS87GN - He beat the shit out of Condit. Destroyed kos when it meant something. Beat gastelum who just beat Hendricks. He's earned it. Phone Post 3.0
Destroyed a shadow of KOS you mean... Phone Post 3.0

By whining Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
FleecaJohn -

Let's not pretend he doesn't deserve it. He would've crushed Hendricks. Not a bad match to make if Robbie wanted to fight and other contenders were tied up.

He doesn't deserve it, we don't have to pretend. Fights in the real world aren't based on "this guy would have crushed this guy".

Flawed logic. Phone Post 3.0

My logic doesn't come from what would have happened in that fight. I don't understand why you would care anyways. It's a good match up and who doesn't want to see Lawler in there as much as possible?

I will say that Wonderboy was the most deserving though.

Mutant - It's stupid really and Wonderboy should of got the shot. Phone Post 3.0

i concur

i think ufc may want to keep more champs...

FleecaJohn - 

Let's not pretend he doesn't deserve it. He would've crushed Hendricks. Not a bad match to make if Robbie wanted to fight and other contenders were tied up.

Saying he would crush Hendricks is is stretching it. Woodley was tooled badly by Mcdonald, he's a solid fighter but 170 has many great fighters.

Rahjai MD - BLM movement

Correct. and Dana loves the BBC

I honestly believe they gave him the shot because even if he wins he'll never hold the title very long and will never work his way back to the top he's no Faber and they would probably like to send him to the back of the line and hope he looses ala jon fitch Phone Post 3.0

This is the kinda thread that backfires Phone Post 3.0

Thats why

Well I hate to say I told you so, but clearly he deserved it.....

FleecaJohn -

He's the champ and he earned the belt by taking it. But he didn't earn the shot. It doesn't even really matter at this point, let's see if he defends it. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
FleecaJohn -

He's the champ and he earned the belt by taking it. But he didn't earn the shot. It doesn't even really matter at this point, let's see if he defends it. Phone Post 3.0

Takes the champ out in round one, earns the win, didn't deserve to be there.

Flawed logic.

Dnasty - Stop being racist Phone Post 3.0
Don't be a fuckwad Phone Post 3.0

boulder40 - 
Dnasty - Stop being racist Phone Post 3.0
Don't be a fuckwad Phone Post 3.0

But how, daddy?

FleecaJohn -
MasterofMartialArts -
FleecaJohn -

Takes the champ out in round one, earns the win, didn't deserve to be there.

Flawed logic.

That's not flawed logic at all. Thompson earned the shot over Woodley. That doesn't mean Woodley is less of a fighter. He just didn't have an impressive string of W's to warrant a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

I think Atlanta had something to do w it.