How did you get into MMA?

I was in a video store back in 1994 looking through the "pro wrestling" section when I saw a copy of UFC II. I thought to myself, "This sounds like a real life version of the movie 'Blood Sport.' Cool." It also reminded me of an idea that I had for an all real pro wrestling promotion. So I rented it and I've been hooked ever since.

I remember how Royce Gracie reminded me of this character from a comic book that I'd read years before this. The character was called The Contortionist and he would fight people by twisting his body around them like a snake. I think he fought Spiderman.

Is there a timer somewhere that auto spawns this thread once a week or something?....Cause you can almost set your watch by it.

LOL, EM, very true and they always came from the 92-94 era.

Never a noob.

UFC 2 Was the first MMA i ever saw as well.

lol. dudes been a member longer than all three of us combined. I don't think he's a noob.

I got into mma after being in Hapkido in college. I remember how I first learned of the UFC but loved it from the get go. I was a big fan of Ken Shamrock and Rocye Gracie. From there I just started training in as many styles as I could that I thought would be effective, boxing, bjj, muay thai, shootwrestling. did some ammy boxing and ammy pancrase as well as some bjj tourney's. after getting out of it all for several years in 2004 I decided it was time to get back into it and started training and fighting again. I love it.

Same as the others.

Saw the ad for the UFC 2 ppv and I grabbed a lot of my friends and...

I remember being a freshman in highschool hearing about about a PPV event where fighters with different martial art styles would compete in a tournament to see which was the best. But, since I was only 14 I didn't have any cash and had to wait for UFC 2 before I saw what all the fuss was about. I've been hooked ever since.

Man, how the sport has grown. This forum has gone thru some changes as well.

Ill be the noob in here and jump in and say my first time watching MMA was UFC 48

I watched the fights UFC's and stopped when they banned it in the states...I only returned to it when Tito was fighting Frank Shamrock. Tito's shit talking was WWF like, as I was a HUGE wrestling fan at the time. I quickly got caught up and been a HUGE fan ever since

I rented some of the original UFC's at this place called Blockbuster (it's a dinosaur now). I always enjoyed watching them then my senior yaer of high school they ran an article for Duneland Vale Tudo, Northwest Indiana's only Ultimate Fighting gym. I thought to myself that it would be sweet to know some of that "stuff". I went in and checked it out and all the guys were awesome (It is owned and operated by the Wisniewski brothers). I felt that this would be a good way to stay in shape after HS and I decided to join. That was three years ago. I eventually got better and better and they offered me to fight and I have been hooked ever since. I came in at a bulky 185, I was taking creatine at the time and working out a lot. Now I walk around at a lean 170 and fight at 155. I never would have thought I would be that light EVER but it works and I love it.

That's my life story lol.

-BF

I watched UFC 5 live at my friends house my senior year in high school. Been hooked ever since.

Oh, and the first fight I ever saw was the John Hess/Andy Anderson melee. Talk about an introduction.

UFC 1 !!!!!

I watched UFC 1 at some peeler bar.