How is Overeem even ranked in MMA top tens?

Everyone is putting him there based off a K-1 win (which has been avenged)! This is the guy to beat Fedor? C'mon! Seriously, how is he ranked in MMA top ten lists when you only look at his MMA record. Lets go back to when he won the Strikeforce title:

*Win Kazuyuki Fujita KO (Knee) K-1 - Dynamite!! Power of Courage 2009 12/31/2009 1 1:15
*Win James Thompson Submission (Guillotine Choke) Dream 12 - The Cage of the Rising Sun 10/25/2009 1 0:33
*Win Tony Sylvester Submission (Guillotine Choke) UG 11 - A Decade of Fights 10/17/2009 1 1:23
*Win Gary Goodridge Submission (Kimura) UG 10 - The Battle of Arnhem 11/9/2008 1 1:47
*NC Mirko Filipovic No Contest (Knee to the Groin) Dream 6 - Middleweight Grand Prix 2008 Final 9/23/2008 1 N/A
*Win Mark Hunt Submission (Keylock) Dream 5 - Lightweight Grand Prix 2008 Final 7/21/2008 1 1:11
*Win Tae Hyun Lee KO (Punches) Dream 4 - Middleweight Grand Prix 2008 Quarterfinals 6/15/2008 1 0:36
*Win Paul Buentello Submission (Knees to the Body) Strikeforce - Four Men Enter, One Man Survives 11/16/2007 2 3:42

Not a single top ten opponent in two and a half years but people put him in the top ten???

You have to put Werdum in front of him. 

He isn't top 10.

EvilMaster - He isn't top 10.

Tell that to every single site who has him listed there. It is ridiculous.

Because he has big muscles.

Because he has big muscles.

epwar - Tell that to every single site who has him listed there. It is ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the state of MMA rankings!! I know it man.

:(

It is Lindland's Law. Outside the UFC your level of competition doesn't really matter so long as you crush those cans impressively. You are immediately top 10 if you put together a win streak like that against anyone in the lesser orgs. He'd be #1 in any other division and the uncrowned champ.

No idea...somehow a guy with zero wins over top 50 Heavyweights convinced the world that he is a world beater.

NoPlacebo - It is Lindland's Law. Outside the UFC your level of competition doesn't really matter so long as you crush those cans impressively. You are immediately top 10 if you put together a win streak like that against anyone in the lesser orgs. He'd be #1 in any other division and the uncrowned champ.

Bullshit. Lindland had won his last fights IN the UFC before being cut for a BS reason where he then went on to have an extremely close (IMO won) fight with Rampage and KO Horn. That was high level competition. Then he took alot of time off and now is not close to what he was. Lindland actually was being ducked and was a top 3 at his weight outside of the ufc..

Alister has no such credentials.

EvilMaster - 
epwar - Tell that to every single site who has him listed there. It is ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the state of MMA rankings!! I know it man.

:(

mma ranking is retarded seeing how short a fighters lifespan is in the game not to mention how easy it is to lose

Ryase - He was a really good LHW who only came up short against top fighters. Then he moved to HW. Most people assumed he'd be a really good HW who only came up short against top fighters. Then he added like 30 lbs of muscle and started terrorizing cans.

I think it's just as stupid to say he absolutely doesn't belong at top 10 as it it is to say he does, because at this moment WE HAVE NO IDEA. And those of you pretending to know that a) he sucks or b) he would crush Lesnar, are all idiots.

Having no idea is exactly why he shouldn't be ranked in the top 10. The only objective rankings are based on accomplishments. He does not have a top 10 resume at heavyweight yet.

top 20 maybe???

easily top 15-20...

and i do think his K-1 stuff does add to the MMA rankings... (even though they really shouldn't)... but I do see where those accomplishments can have an effect on ratings...

i'm just happy to see him fight stateside again.... defending his belt...

why can't we just be happy with that? lets deal with the rankings later...

TTT

have you seen his muscles bro

Ryase - I'd think it's fair to say he's top 20. You can't just negate all of his accomplishments at LHW because he added 30 lbs.

What were his accomplishments at 205? Getting KTFO by Chuck, Shogun twice, Rogerio twice, stopped on strikes by Arona?

Oh yeah, he beat Belfort who never really accomplished anything at 205.

It does not take much to be in the top 10 mix at heavyweight. Yes, it is crazy that Overeem is ranked so highly, considering he is more of an unknown (MMA heavyweight ranking-wise), but who fills out the bottom of the top 10?

Barnett definitely belongs there, but he's suspended, and fighting cans over-seas and entering grappling tournaments.

Arlovski is still a terrific athlete, but is he top 10 considering he had a weak chin even before getting KTFO 2 fights in a row (likely making it even weaker)?

Werdum has had his moments, but he's been beaten up a couple of the fights he has managed to win (Silva knocked him on his ass 3 times in his last fight), and he was very ineffective in his fight against Arlovski.

Who does that leave? Rogers, Antonio Silva, Nelson, Gonzaga, and Overeem. Overeem could easily be considered for the 8th or 9th spot with a good win over Rogers.

I am an Overeem fan and he shound not be in the top 10, he just hasn't done anything in MMA at HW, if he wins tonight and has a great showing you can put him in there, at the bottom end of the top 10

He will be after he beats down Rogers