How long did it take for u to see fedors greatness

yabadaba - 
crantis - You know who was hype? Pedro Rizzo. Kimbo Slice. Bobby Lashley.

Pedro Rizzo didn't turn out to be as good as many people predicted - but he was not hype.

For real.  He knocked out Josh Barnett(which happens how often?), and had a controversial loss to Randy Couture for the UFC Hw Championship.   You don't accomplish what he has and get multipe title shots for a major fighting organization based on hype.

Otherwise, the other two mentioned would've been offered a title shot.

Fedor vs Nogueira did it for me. It wasn't THAT he beat him, it was HOW he beat him. No one really gave him a chance to win, but he showed up and dominated. It seemed reckless jumping over and over into Nogueira's gwardt, but it worked. Phone Post

D241 - 
 For real.  He knocked out Josh Barnett(which happens how often?), and had a controversial loss to Randy Couture for the UFC Hw Championship.

I still think he was robbed of that first fight.

D241 - 
yabadaba - 
crantis - You know who was hype? Pedro Rizzo. Kimbo Slice. Bobby Lashley.
Pedro Rizzo didn't turn out to be as good as many people predicted - but he was not hype.

For real.  He knocked out Josh Barnett(which happens how often?), and had a controversial loss to Randy Couture for the UFC Hw Championship.   You don't accomplish what he has and get multipe title shots for a major fighting organization based on hype.

Otherwise, the other two mentioned would've been offered a title shot.

He wasn't signed to the most lucrative contract in the UFC on the grounds that he would: knockout Josh Barnett, and have a controversial loss to Randy Couture for the UFC Hw Championship.

Rizzo performing at level less than he is capable is unfortunate. However, that same disparity in performance, viewed in the context of expectation is: hype.

The entirety of this dialogue is a digression from the subject at hand. There are always mitigating factors, 'hype' does not take these things into account. 'hype' says, won't lose to Randy Couture. So you don't. 'hype' says, you're too small for heavyweight and stay out of Nogueria's guard.

took a while.

i picked Nog for the first 2 fights.