How much is knockdown worth?

stillmatic - 
osiriss - 
stillmatic - Those weren't really true knockdowns. They were flash knockdowns mostly caused by Cruz's awkward style and being frequently off balanced.

yeah the right hand to chin had little to do with it..

Just saying he was never close to finishing him. Those were good clean shots, but Cruz doesn't get dropped if he was on balance.

I agree he wasn't close to finishing him but I respectfully disagree that he was off balance at least from what I saw. I might have to go back and watch again. I still think that 50-45 was ridic.

Nothing in MMA has any inherent worth, it's only relative to what your opponent does.

Faber won rnds. 1 & 4 IMO. Rnd one was very close, but rnd. 4 was OBVIOUS.

Douche - This aint boxing, ese. Knock Downs dont count for shit in MMA unless the action is 50/50 up until that point.

True, it ain't boxing.
But knock downs definitely mean something to MMA judges in a sport where they have so many variables to consider in scoring a round.
It's well known that:
1. takedowns win rounds,
2. bloodying up your opponent can win you rounds,
3. being on top of your opponent at the end of the round can steal rounds, and
4. controlling your opponent against the cage for most of a round can win you the round.

Judging in MMA is probably always going to be this subjective, will result in bullshit decisions and continue piss fans off (be they fans of particular fighters or unbiased fans of the sport).

It's a serious issue. Judging in MMA needs an overhaul. It continues to drag down the sport.

dermotfix - 
Douche - This aint boxing, ese. Knock Downs dont count for shit in MMA unless the action is 50/50 up until that point.

True, it ain't boxing.
But knock downs definitely mean something to MMA judges in a sport where they have so many variables to consider in scoring a round.
It's well known that:
1. takedowns win rounds,
2. bloodying up your opponent can win you rounds,
3. being on top of your opponent at the end of the round can steal rounds, and
4. controlling your opponent against the cage for most of a round can win you the round.

Judging in MMA is probably always going to be this subjective, will result in bullshit decisions and continue piss fans off (be they fans of particular fighters or unbiased fans of the sport).

It's a serious issue. Judging in MMA needs an overhaul. It continues to drag down the sport.

This. Although I think if one factors in knockdowns and takedowns, each round scored individually Faber won that fight.