How much is knockdown worth?

A knockdown yes I know,

Question remains.

Did faber get outstruck numbers wise in those 2 rounds the third judge gave him? Yes

But where is the line? What is a knockdown in a round worth

I would say being the point of striking it should count for a lot.

Am I wrong?

Zero ... point ... zero

Perfer Et Obdura - Zero ... point ... zero

well that clears that up.

I mean relatively speaking

In my opinion a knockdown wins the round unless the other guys dominates every other minute.

50-45 is blasphemy

MMALOGIC - In my opinion a knockdown wins the round unless the other guys dominates every other minute.

50-45 is blasphemy

Yeah thats what I'm saying man, its atrocious that the putting someone on their ass with a punch doesn't put someone way ahead in a round

MMALOGIC - In my opinion a knockdown wins the round unless the other guys dominates every other minute.

50-45 is blasphemy

I concur with your assessment. I can accept that cruz gets the decision but 50-45! hell no

50-45
49-46
48-47

I am a 10 wuts dis - 

50-45
49-46
48-47

Yes I know the scores thank you.

That gives no tangible level of merit to a knockdown.

Those weren't really true knockdowns. They were flash knockdowns mostly caused by Cruz's awkward style and being frequently off balanced.

A bunch?

ChaosOverkill - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

I am a 10 wuts dis - 

50-45
49-46
48-47

haha

stillmatic - Those weren't really true knockdowns. They were flash knockdowns mostly caused by Cruz's awkward style and being frequently off balanced.

They were pretty good knockdowns man, Cruz's legs gave out he fell.

It is what it is

Perfer Et Obdura - 
ChaosOverkill - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

LOL nice

stillmatic - Those weren't really true knockdowns. They were flash knockdowns mostly caused by Cruz's awkward style and being frequently off balanced.

yeah the right hand to chin had little to do with it..

osiriss - 

yeah the right hand to chin had little to do with it..

Just saying he was never close to finishing him. Those were good clean shots, but Cruz doesn't get dropped if he was on balance.

seemed like faber hurt him on those 3 knockdowns. faber got hit hard a few times but never looked hurt.

the getting hurt knockdowns should score big imo

How much is a knockdown worth when your opponent gets back up instantly and wins every other second of the round?

if you knock a guy down and he's already back on his feet by the time you get to him it's hard to see it as a huge deal. when he's winning the round before and after the knockdown that helps too. I do think 50-45 is very wrong though.

Dead Again - 

50-45 is blasphemy

You have this sport confused with boxing.

In boxing, a knockdown stalls the action to see if the guy can recover, in this different sport from boxing, there is no stall and the fighter that knocked that person down can go in for the finish. How effective was Faber going in for the finish after the knockdown? Not at all. Not even a little bit.

50-45 looks about right.

Stalling or not they are evidence of heavy damage so they have the be worth more then connecting a hard right that doesn't knock a guy down.