how to stop fighters missing weight idea

If they miss one weight cut in their respective division, they have to automatically move up to next division for the rest of their career. Discuss.

MMA Playwright -

Put that dick in a brown paper bag and hand it to his trainer 

Set fighters weight class by doing a random weigh in during training camp. 

Or

Get rid of weight classes and USADA.   

ThunderlipsTapped -

Set fighters weight class by doing a random weigh in during training camp. 

Or

Get rid of weight classes and USADA.   

Those are weirdly opposite ideas 

Just do hydration tests like they do in One FC. Everyone fights at their actual weight over there. 

They should make it that the win bonus automatically goes to the guy that made weight and the fat fighter is ineligible.

GSLEWISH - 

Interesting, but Stats can be correlated to anything. 

That’s pretty straight forward… There has definitely been an obvious increase in fighters missing weight since the change. I love the early weigh in as an OPTION for the fighters, but they should still have up until the ceremonial weigh in to make weight imo…

Since they aren’t gonna do what I said above, how bout a fuckin courtesy call from the guy who blew it to the other camp or to the UFC so they can pass the message to the other camp and tell the opponent to stop cutting weight, or he can re-hydrate to a certain amount so he doesn’t screw himself actually being a professional when the other guy doesn’t give a shit. Same fine and everything, the call itself is forfeiting the weigh in, but the advantage these guys missing weight are getting is nuts.

Example, a couple hours before this weigh in when I’m guessing till was 176-178, whatever… offer the catch-weight fight to Wonderboy @ 175 and up to him to take it.

MasterofMartialArts -
MMA Playwright -

I edited because you just never know with these mods. They’re all over the place. 

Add weight classes.. 

JOESONDO -

Just do hydration tests like they do in One FC. Everyone fights at their actual weight over there. 

^

As unpopular as this idea is within the MMA world ,the only thing that will really bite this in the ass is adding more weight divisions, like boxing. 

Fighters right now are trying to cut too much weight because there walk around weight is about where the next weight division is at 

narurally ,they can’t fight at there walk around weight because someone is cutting 15lbs down to get into that division  ,so most fighters end not  having real legitimate options of just dropping 5 but instead ,they end up having to cut 10 or 15 and in some cases 20 lbs. 

Most are forced to do this because if they fight at there walk around weight ,they will be giving up 20 lbs on fight night if they don’t. 

Boxing doesnt have this big big of a problem with weight cuts because they have 14 weight classes 

I’m not sure adding weight classes is the answer without some kind of hydration testing. People are acting like it’s a given that 70’ers will go to 75. There will definitely be some WW’s trying for 65 if they make that division. I almost wonder if more weight classes would cause MORE weight cutting? If it was like boxing for example, every 7 pounds or whatever, guys who lose a fight or 2 will be more willing to try to drop another 7 pounds than say 15.

Same day weigh-ins. If you fail, you’re pulled from the fight and an alternate fights in your place.

MMA Playwright -
MasterofMartialArts -
MMA Playwright -

I edited because you just never know with these mods. They’re all over the place. 

Valid point, good looking out bro.