How?....Why?....Bisping really

makes that much money?? Seriously, $425,000?

I am not at all jealous and I think most MMA fighters should be paid more than they are but how is it justified that Michael Bisping makes more money per fight than Henderson, Shogun, Vanderlei Silva, and most other fighters. Hell, he makes more money per fight than most of the champs?

How is this justified??? I mean DFW can pay him whatever he wants but I just don't understand why???????????????????

teamquestfan - makes that much money?? Seriously, $425,000?

I am not at all jealous and I think most MMA fighters should be paid more than they are but how is it justified that Michael Bisping makes more money per fight than Henderson, Shogun, Vanderlei Silva, and most other fighters. Hell, he makes more money per fight than most of the champs?

How is this justified??? I mean DFW can pay him whatever he wants but I just don't understand why???????????????????

They want him to get a few good paydays before they feed him to a top-5 contender. Enjoy it while you can, Mikey....its going to end sooner than you think.

The guy sells out 20,000 plus arena's. When you do that you will earn big bucks also. Phone Post

CDO - Agents . . . how do they work?

-CDO

I do understand where agents come in but that doesn't mean that DFW has to pay what the agent asks for. There are negotiations and UFC holds ALL of the marbles. Where else is Bisping going to fight, BAMA?

Dana paying him more than most other fighters on the roster makes no sense to me unless DFW really believes that the success of the whole UK MMA market hinges on whether Bisping is in the UFC or not.

Bisping is a star vehicle that has (and continues to) advanced the UFC brand overseas, especially in his native England. He's obviously worth it to the UFC; they know what they're doing.

He is a pawn.

Haters. War bisping Phone Post

Bat21 - 
 They want him to get a few good paydays before they feed him to a top-5 contender. Enjoy it while you can, Mikey....its going to end sooner than you think.

What is that smell? the smell of bitterness from butthurt Mayhem Monkeys.

teamquestfan -
CDO - Agents . . . how do they work?

-CDO

I do understand where agents come in but that doesn't mean that DFW has to pay what the agent asks for. There are negotiations and UFC holds ALL of the marbles. Where else is Bisping going to fight, BAMA?

Dana paying him more than most other fighters on the roster makes no sense to me unless DFW really believes that the success of the whole UK MMA market hinges on whether Bisping is in the UFC or not.

Ex TUF winner 2x TUF coach. Uk's biggest star. What is he like 13-3 in the UFC with 2 decision loses 1 to an all time legend and 1 to a former champ who beats pretty much anyone,..

Bisping is showing that he is up and coming in the division Phone Post

while you may like it or not.
Bisping is a good fighter and looks to keep improving.
still in an early career, he has only lost to Rashad, former 205 champ, and 2 legends in Wanderlei and Hendo.
not too shabby, if you ask.

I am a fan, and guess what... I'm american.

have to add though, that he surprised me a little with the post fight speech.
Very humble and classy.

popularity, demographics........duh?