How would Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar have ended?

Should’ve been.

1 Like

If Brock gets the Francis who fought Derreck Lewis it would be the easiest fight of Brock’s career

3 Likes

Prime Brock smashes any version of Francis we have seen to date.

4 Likes

He wouldn’t. That was the heavy puncher afraid of the other heavy puncher.

With Brock I think he (Francis) would be sloppy and knock him out.

Brock isn’t comfortable taking shots. Imagine how he would react getting hit by Nganou.

Speaking of the Lewis fight, that’s what Brock and Nganou have in common. Both are monsters that things came to easy.

Francis turned into a pussy vs Lewis out of fear. Brock turtles when hit hard.

1 Like

Brock would take Francis down and smash him.

4 Likes

If he could before getting clipped, absolutely.

If he could got clipped coming in, then no.

That would be the appeal of the fight. To see what would happen.

Would have been one hell of a spectacle.

1 Like

Yes. I completely agree. Seeing the striker try to avoid the takedown and the huge wrestler try to avoid the strikes is embedded in the dna of the sport.

3 Likes

Lesnar wasn’t beating Jones.

Jones controls distance too well.

1 Like

Once the initial 30 seconds of fury by Lesnar was over, Jones picks him apart and beats him down worse than Velasquez did.

To say Jon Jones power isn’t in the same category as Carwin’s would be like saying Screech’s acting wasn’t quite as good as Daniel Day-Lewis.

3 Likes

Wait a minute. I’ve read your post six times now. Are you saying that Daniel Day-Lewis could beat Jon Jones in a cage???

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think we are overrating Brock a wee bit… That being said, I don’t know if Jones could handle him. We never have seen Jones at heavyweight. Would he stay where he is now (Light-Heavy) and try to beat Brock his current weight, or would he put on some .lbs and try to mix it up with Lesnar (not a good idea due to both their wrestling being high level). Jones has way more skill, I would like to say that is what would win the fight, but Frank Mir was also VERY VERY skilled as well at UFC 100 and Brock ate a flying knee and fed him strawberries from his garden.

2 Likes

This is true, I wasn’t replying to the original post. I was talking about Brock vs Nganou

If a prime Lesner gets a hold of Jones or Francis and puts them down it’s all over

3 Likes

Well Mark Hunt didn’t KO Brock.
And that one went the distance.

Just saying.

1 Like

There’s quite literally nothing JBJ could do to stop Lesnar from from grabbing him just one time and throwing him down. Lesnar has 45+lbs. on him and
He was a freak athlete for his size

1 Like

Mark Hunt is no Nganou though brother. He’s a warrior with great standup. But he doesn’t have what makes Nganou Nganou.

Guys who dominate being longer and leaner than their opponents have looked very human when moving up.

Obviously we haven’t seen Jones at heavyweight yet. But I anticipate he will not be the dominant machine he was at 205 when guys are bigger than him.

Brock being 260+ makes a big difference.

There is an extreme skill disparity, and Jon is a phenomenal wrestler.

It’s a matchup we’d be excited for, because we would want to see how it all plays out.

As many as he normally is

1 Like

Point is Brock has gone the distance with a big time striker and won.
Carwin wizzered Brock to gain superior position and pound him.
Just standing and looking for the big finishing punch is a problem when the shots are coming from outside of punching range and the head is changing levels.

Honestly – I don’t even remember what my complete thought process was when I responded to your post, lol.
Thread is more about Jones/Brock.
I’m kind of off track.

1 Like