Hughes contract up?

Was the Penn fight the last fight on Matt Hughes contract? I thought I had heard that on the Sherdog radio show when they were talking with Monte Cox.

If this is the case, could hughes and Zuffa be in a contract dispute right now?

This isn't a rumor, just a question.

Bananarama once heard a rumor.

Hey guys, I just heard Hughes is in talks with Pride now that his UFC contract is up! Spread the word!

Seriously.

He deserves at least as much as Chuck.

monte cox said on the beatdown that he has one more fight after this one, but they always re sign a new contract b4 the last one is up

Monte also commented that the UFC had always treated them fairly and basicly gave them what they wanted for Matt.

On top of that, Dana comes into the cage after the BJ fight praising Matt about how he's the greatest eva, blah, blah.

This would be a shocking position for the UFC to take. They certainly could probably pay him whatever he was asking.

Perhaps the UFC is stalling on a new contract in anticipation that GSP beats Matt?

Monte also commented that the UFC had always treated them fairly and basicly gave them what they wanted for Matt.

On top of that, Dana comes into the cage after the BJ fight praising Matt about how he's the greatest eva, blah, blah.

This would be a shocking position for the UFC to take. They certainly could probably pay him whatever he was asking.

Perhaps the UFC is stalling on a new contract in anticipation that GSP beats Matt?