Hughes quiet for Big Dog fight?

"When they make my headstone for my grave, the last thing I want on there is 'Fought in the UFC' or 'UFC Hall of Famer,'" Hughes said. "I want it to say that I was a good husband and a great father. Those are the things that are important to me."

Ricardo's wrestling is underrated. For a bjj guy, he's fantastic. He was able to take down Kendall Grove and control him consistently, while a great wrestler like Munoz had alot of trouble taking Grove down. He was able to take down Cote pretty easily before he got exhausted due to being sick. I really wouldn't be surprised if Ricardo is able to take Hughes down and keep him there for an entire round. Maybe not all three, but I can definitely see the first ending with Ricardo on top.

I really hope Almeida destroys him.

A true pre-TUF MMA fan will realize that Almeida will likely win this match convincingly, while not getting caught up in the "Hughes was never that good" nonsense. I was never much of a Hughes fan, but his run as champ was as dominant as anything we've seen in the UFC in my opinion.

Mark Hunter - A true pre-TUF MMA fan will realize that Almeida will likely win this match convincingly, while not getting caught up in the "Hughes was never that good" nonsense. I was never much of a Hughes fan, but his run as champ was as dominant as anything we've seen in the UFC in my opinion.

It's really nerve racking watching Ricardo fight (for more reasons than one). Of course he can win. I really really hope he does. I do fear this looking like his Lindland fight though. Just a pure lnp. Of course Ricardo is 10x the fighter he was then, but Hughes is Hughes. Dude is a pro. He's not going to make silly mistakes. He's not going to get frustrated. Ricardo just has to be better.

Ricardo is always respectful and classy with his oponents... Hughes has no reason to talk trash, so he isn't.

Ricardo's wrestling and boxing is very underrated. We will get to see it tomorrow.

I like this entire card.

Kru Hughes will do his talking in the ring saturday night.

Almed-A

I actually think Almeida is a little taller than they list him at 6' even- I wonder if he could win by doing a Sylvia- Arlovski 3 on Hughes.

Hughes is fighting for a retirement nestegg at this point.

He knows he wont be a champion again.
The fire is gone.

Hughesers Gonna Hughes.