Hughes quiet for Big Dog fight?

The guy is never at a loss for words. But this time around, Hughes has hardly said a word about Almedia. Odd.

This fight is interesting to me. If Hughes can win, believe it or not, he gets back into the title picture. And if Almedia wins, he gets put into the top 10.

Can't wait.

I am really excited for this fight as well, seems to not be getting a lot of hype but this card is pretty stacked.

but Hughes is NEVER quiet

frontrowbrian -  What type of TD defense does Almeida have? I have to review some tapes

Not great-- I'm not hating, but he looks like what he is- an older-school BJJ guy whose probably worked hard at his wrestling but still isn't fantastic

This could actually be a very good fight. 

Almeida has much better take downs than people give him credit for, watch his ADCC match with Arona.

Jack Skellington -  The guy is never at a loss for words. But this time around, Hughes has hardly said a word about Almedia. Odd.

This fight is interesting to me. If Hughes can win, believe it or not, he gets back into the title picture. And if Almedia wins, he gets put into the top 10.

Can't wait.

How could Hughes be in title contention if he beats someone that you say isn't in the top ten yet?

frederic - 
Jack Skellington -  The guy is never at a loss for words. But this time around, Hughes has hardly said a word about Almedia. Odd.

He can't win for shit talking compared to Chael.
Outside of DFW, who can?

Richardo is very well rounded. Good takedowns/defense and very sharp standup. People sleep on his standup.

japetto - 

Can't wait.

I'm not surprised at all.

Hughes has great respect for Renzo, and Almeida is not a trash talker. If Hughes has nothing bad to say, should he continuously praise his opponent and his camp?

did you hear what he said about the Gracies before that fight?

Hughes doesnt really give a shit about fighting anymore.

hughes isnt much into trash talking, and almeida wil be difficult to beat

frontrowbrian -  Hard to believe a UFC Hall of Famer fighting has been glossed over. I'd like to pick Hughes but he looked brutal against Renzo who looked even worse.

What type of TD defense does Almeida have? I have to review some tapes

I agree Hughes looked like dogshit...cocky prick likes a pay day and his name on a card though...I'm sure he knows his tank is running out and that Almeida is a threat so he's keeping his mouth shut.

Hughes is going to win. He might do a little shit talk after, he likes to do that.

triso - Richardo is very well rounded. Good takedowns/defense and very sharp standup. People sleep on his standup.

True however, i think that was more true before he went on his hiatus. Now, he is nowhere near the rounded level he used to be perhaps.

he should outstrike Hughes, will be interesting to see if Hughes will then td Almeida and how the ground will go. Too bad we didnt see that with Hughes and Renzo. Perhaps that should have been a special rules contest forbidding them from striking or having them start on their knees.

i had no idea this fight was on the next card!!!!fucking awesome!

Herring In A Fur Coat -  When has Hughes been a big trash talker?

Ever see his fights with GSP?

Hughes has really showed alot of respect lately....

But really, what is he supposed to say?

He already destroyed Royce, Renzo, great fight against Serra, and now he gets another Gracie student. What's he supposed to say? This might actually be Hughes last fighter ever.

He said on TUF 6 "I got about 2 or 3 more fights and I'm about done." Since then he has fought Serra, Renzo, and now Almeida. This really might be the last time we ever see Hughes fight win or lose. I doubt he wants to go out talking a bunch of shit then losing...

Fear tends to quite a man.

-TAFKAS
The People's Underground Champ.

TAFKAS - Fear tends to quite a man.

So does NOT being a main or co-main event.

No one has mentioned that this is the first time in a LOOOOOOONG time that Hughes' fight is not at the top of the card.

It's a mid-card, non-title affair between a former champ on the downside of his career, and a younger guy from a camp that Hughes' is undefeated against (I think).

Silva vs Sonnen is for a title.
Fitch vs Alves is for a title shot.
Nelson vs Dos Santos is a for a title shot.

Hughes vs Almeida is for...bragging rights? There's not a lot to say about the fight because there's nothing to hype. There's 2 possible outcomes: a) the former champ loses and acknowledges he's past his prime; or b) the former champ wins and isn't really sniffing a title shot again anyway without first facing guys that he probably can't beat at this point in his career..