Hugo Duarte-Renzo Gracie

Did Hugo ever compete in ADCC? Cant remember

QTyp - To his credit, Hugo did fight the best version of Tank we had ever seen. If that Tank showed up to all his fights, he'd have half as many losses.

yep!

Wasa-B - Did Hugo ever compete in ADCC? Cant remember
no

I remember way back in the day, there was a full page ad in Black Belt Magazine for Hugo Duarte's instructional tapes. In big, bold letters across the top, it said "THE MIKE TYSON OF VALE TUDO."

Right. 

Fucking Duarte. He did not have ‘Tank beat’ lmao. He managed a minor takedown that Tank easily reversed. Then Tank fucking brained him.

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
QTyp - To his credit, Hugo did fight the best version of Tank we had ever seen. If that Tank showed up to all his fights, he'd have half as many losses.

yep!

I gotta say Ultimate Ultimate 96 was peak Tank. He was on fire for 3 fights and lost due to bad fucking luck. But he was an animal that night. Throwing Worsham out of the cage(almost) Nelmarked Nelmark, and put a fierce hurting on Frye before he fucking slipped on a banana peel lol.

I miss that guy.

Too bad Tank and Butterbean never got to fight in Japan.

I thought that, Renzo was gonna fight Sakuraba in ONE FC?

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2018/01/28/renzo-gracie-to-rematch-sakuraba-in-mma/

ranier wolfcastle - 

Looked like an old school UFC BJJ domination till Tank slipped the armbar. Once that first left landed shit got real for Hugo.

Vrill - 

I remember way back in the day, there was a full page ad in Black Belt Magazine for Hugo Duarte's instructional tapes. In big, bold letters across the top, it said "THE MIKE TYSON OF VALE TUDO."

Right. 

Haha that’s how hyped Duarte and a few other brazilians were…Eugenio Tadeu and Edson Carvalho were a few others…Carvalho was known as a true killer that Kerr supposedly was scared to fight…if you watch Duartes fights, even the one with Harold Howard, they aren’t that impressive so I’m not sure how he got that rep

Fury2Feed - 
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 

yep!

I gotta say Ultimate Ultimate 96 was peak Tank. He was on fire for 3 fights and lost due to bad fucking luck. But he was an animal that night. Throwing Worsham out of the cage(almost) Nelmarked Nelmark, and put a fierce hurting on Frye before he fucking slipped on a banana peel lol.

I miss that guy.

I agree, UU96 was prime Tank…he was aggressive, still had good hand speed and was in better shape…it’s too bad Shamrock got injured in the first round…him/Tank would have been great, then the winner got Frye…omg

kungfugrip - Hugo had such an unfortunate career. Had tank beat but went for a sub instead of pounding this shit out of him. People can debate this. Then stepped in the right g with Kerr, which isn't fun.

Meet him at his UFC fight. Language was an issue but could tell he was super excited to visit with fans

LMAO…at NO TIME did he have Tank “beat”. He attempted ONE weak sub…which Tank EASILY powered out of and then Tank just pushed his shit in REEEEEEAL good. I don’t think that fight lasted one minute.

he didnt have him beat but gave up good position which cost him the fight.

Winston Wolf -

kind of a quick stop Not sure if true but i read Hugo KOed Alllen Goes at a bar when Goes was young

They fought in the crowd in Puerto Rico and they Tank got tapped by Goes when they first met in training. I’ve never read about an encounter before the training. 

Samoa -
Winston Wolf -

kind of a quick stop Not sure if true but i read Hugo KOed Alllen Goes at a bar when Goes was young

They fought in the crowd in Puerto Rico and they Tank got tapped by Goes when they first met in training. I’ve never read about an encounter before the training. 

No Im saying Hugo Duarte KOed Allen Goes at a bar

i was hoping Hugo and Eugenio would be beasts They have some good talent But current mma has surpassed them when they entered UFC.I doubt very much the Hugo-Renzo grappling match or mma will happen

IIRC Hugo had some injuries that didn’t allow him to keep the back and forced the armbar as his main option. Swear I read that in an interview with him at some point.

Saw Duarte fight in a show Gene Lebell Gokor and crew seemed to be behind.

Remember walking by him ringside thinking he had a pretty intense look.

To miss those days of the ufc 

Winston Wolf -
Samoa -
Winston Wolf -

No Im saying Hugo Duarte KOed Allen Goes at a bar

Fucking reading comprehension. I have zero. My bad.