Hunt/Brock - Short Notice?

What say you UG?

Do you consider this a short notice fight for one or both the fighters?

Anyone know how long Brock has known he'll be fighting? Same for Hunt? I read Dana had told Hunto to "stay ready" but when was that?

I like this fight but I want them both on a full camp. Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

By the look of hunts Facebook (when not playing cs:go) he has been in Training for a while.

I'm guessing they have both known for a while and just had to get the deal done Phone Post 3.0

BobSherob - By the look of hunts Facebook (when not playing cs:go) he has been in Training for a while.

I'm guessing they have both known for a while and just had to get the deal done Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the reply.

I really hope so! It's a good stylistic matchup but I know both guys tend to get huge between fights so hoping it won't be a factor. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure the fight got signed just prior to it being announced but it may have been in negotiations for several weeks prior. It would have been leaked much earlier if it was signed and a sure thing. Phone Post 3.0

So you think they didn't get more than a few weeks notice then a month from announcement? Phone Post 3.0

I remember Mark saying the UFC told him to stay in shape for a possible fight. Phone Post 3.0

They both knew but obviously the UFC couldn't make any announcements because they wanted to avoid or delay USADA as much as possible. Also given the size of these two guys they really should have it at a catch weight. The fight doesn't have any implications on the HW div so why not let both guys come in at 300lbs?

BobSherob - By the look of hunts Facebook (when not playing cs:go) he has been in Training for a while.

When he's not playing cs go or you? If it's you're talking about urself you should add me on steam so we can play some cs go son Phone Post 3.0

TonyRomo-OwnsJJWatt - This has been planned for awhile I'm are brock has been trainning for a year Phone Post 3.0
If that's the case and it's only Hunt that found out recently then that'd be a bit shady but I guess Zuffa would like Brock to win from a business perspective. Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure they both found out about it at the same time as we did. Huge surprise. Phone Post 3.0

Hunts known he was fighting for a while and looks in shape

As for borck he probably got told far enough back to let nothing show up on the post fight test

Bobby91k -

When he's not playing cs go or you? If it's you're talking about urself you should add me on steam so we can play some cs go son Phone Post 3.0
That would be hunt. I am a console peasant Phone Post 3.0

TonyRomo-OwnsJJWatt - 
rockwell -
TonyRomo-OwnsJJWatt - This has been planned for awhile I'm are brock has been trainning for a year Phone Post 3.0
If that's the case and it's only Hunt that found out recently then that'd be a bit shady but I guess Zuffa would like Brock to win from a business perspective. Phone Post 3.0
Yea because there's no way Brock is gonna come back after a long lay off and only be trainning for 2 months he has been trainning for a year I'm sure Phone Post 3.0

You should clarify that you are speculating. Not that you have some sort of inside information

They've both known for a while.
This was all kept under wraps so lesnar could skip testing.
Remember when Ariel broke the fight early and Dana said he could've messed the whole thing up? It's because they were supposed to keep the fight a secret. If it came out beforehand that they has planned it for a while lesnar would have to have a probationary testing period. Phone Post 3.0

Whatever he says, this is probably a one-off fight for Brock. So I don't think it makes sense to try and rig the fight in Brock's favor by giving him more notice than Hunt, when Hunt is the one who will be sticking around.

Senester - They've both known for a while.
Remember when Ariel broke the fight early and Dana said he could've messed the whole thing up? It's because they were supposed to keep the fight a secret. If it came out beforehand that they has planned it for a while lesnar would have to have a probationary testing period. Phone Post 3.0
So both Zuffa and Hunt were working together to help Brock skip testing? Zuffa won't even allow their million dollar man McGregor to skip a press conference, bt they'll risk their credibility and status just to help Lesnar use steroids for a fight? Phone Post 3.0

*fixed

Apparently the app allows paragraphs

I don't get it, I even double spaced my paragraphs. Let's try the app

Take a moment and look at the phenomenal shape Brock is in right now in the WWE. Remember that, it'll come up again later in my comment.

Anyway, IIRC, he pretty much said in a sit down interview on ESPN that he never completely stopped traing MMA, he just wasn't training as if he was in a fight camp. Basically, he said that he's still doing what he learned during his stint with the UFC and added it to his current WWE physical training.

However, it's been mentioned on the UG multiple times that while working for the WWE, he's taken plenty Mexican supplements, and that's allegedly why he's so thick, solid & tight. I'm willing to wager that he will end up physically looking closer to what he looked like back when he was fighting for the UFC than how he looked during his more recent WWE matches.

There's not much to discuss when it comes down to Hunt. He is what he is. He's not training for Mr. Olympia, he's training for a fight. It's no secret that Hunt carries around a few extra pounds, but the fact still remains that if you point out a skyscrape's weakest point to him, he has the power to knock that building down. Hunt is a beast.

With all that said, in Brock's previous UFC run, he absolutely hated getting punched. To be clear, I'm not saying that he can't take a punch, because he most definitely can, he simply becomes gunshy after getting hit. I can see Brock going for takedown after takedown after takedown after takedown...well, you get the idea....all of those takedown attempts will drain Brocks gas tank pretty fast, unless Brock ends up taking him down. Hunt has good TDD, so, IMHO, there's a very good chance that Brock may gas himself out trying to take down Hunt since Hunt is built like a fire hydrant, ending up With a Hunt KO.

This is just one hypothesis of mine, I have a few running through my head, and for all I know, Brock may very well get the 1st takedown he tries and ground and pound Hunt into a bloody pulp. I'm a fan of both and I'm simply excited and curious to see how it plays out. Phone Post 3.0

Senester - They've both known for a while.
Ariel breaking the fight hours early could have messed things up? Huh? Phone Post 3.0