Hunto gets an L vs Paul Gallen ( Vid )

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/12/16/22179027/video-280-pound-mark-hunt-returns-boxing-loses-ex-rugby-star-paul-gallen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leM7scY5zxk&feature=emb_logo

Retired UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt has consistently been one of the shortest heavyweights to compete in MMA, standing just 5’10”, yet somehow the New Zealander still needed to cut weight in order to make the 265-pound limit.

That wasn’t a requirement for his heavyweight boxing match against former Rugby star Paul Gallen, where Hunt lumbered to the cage at a super-thick 280 pounds. After six rounds of back-and-forth action at Bankwest Stadium, the “Super Samoan” lost by way of unanimous decision.

Gallen improved to 10-0-1 as a pugilist while Hunt dropped to 0-2-1.

What a show. That was great, the rugby guy came in shape 

dinkledorf - 

I can’t imagine watching Hunt losing a striking match against a rugby player as being anything better than sad.

2 Likes

Can that rugby guy handle the Jake Paul?

2 Likes
Peruvian Necktiez -

Can that rugby guy handle the Jake Paul?

By the UG standards, no way

in real life? With no issues

2 Likes

![Paul Gallen v Mark Hunt](upload://tRGve9MQxyJruCZPLIPPYcA8P8f.jpeg)

Former UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt badly rocked former NRL star Paul Gallen, but was unable to put him away and lost a unanimous decision in a return to the ring on Wednesday in Sydney.

Gallen’s conditioning proved a decisive factor, and he outpointed Hunt via scores of 58-56 twice and 59-55 after six rounds in a heavyweight bout. Afterward, he called out former UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker, whose MMA weight division is 15 pounds lighter than boxing’s big-man division.

“I’m just gonna beat him – I’m gonna beat him like I beat Mark,” Gallen said, according to ESPN. “I’ll get in there and smash him.”

Check out full highlights of the boxing match, which marked Hunt’s return to active competition in two years. Hunt indicated he’s open to a comeback after Wednesday’s result.

2 Likes
Ministry of Truth -
dinkledorf - 

I can’t imagine watching Hunt losing a striking match against a rugby player as being anything better than sad.

10-0 boxer*

Will Hunt now attempt to sue this guy over the next 5 years?

2 Likes

Gallen is a blue belt as well

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: 7xVsuQCKN_sgUVs5)

Learn More

Hunt probably had money on the other guy

crowbar - 

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: 7xVsuQCKN_sgUVs5)

Learn More

LOL Vid taken down

That’s sad

https://twitter.com/kixaboxa/status/1339230655612215296

Looks like a good scrap after watching the clip Kirik posted. 

Honestly, Hunt looked a little slimmer. I know he weighed in at 280 but I remember him having at least one tough weight cut in the UFC. 

Pretty sure it was the Werdum interim title fight, late notice and championship weight.

Sad? What's the problem here Hunt is almost 50 he put on a great show. It's heavyweight, great condition will get you far. 

1 Like