HW Rankings make no sense

Acidic - 
Unwariestpickle - I don't see how you can put Fedor on. He's lost to Bigfoot, Werdum, and Hendo...

Bigfoot lost to Cormier, Werdum lost to Overeem, and Hendo isn't even a heavyweight.

Already that's Bigfoot, Werdum, Cormier, Overeem and Hendo ahead of him. Then you've got JDS, Cain, Frank Mir, and Barnett who dominated Rogers and who gave Fedor fits... I just don't see how Fedor is a top 10 right now. He could get back there... but he's not right now.

Again you base a win off there current rankings not what happens after the fight. Win or lose Werdum and Bigfoot where top 10 correct? if they lose 5 in a row it doesnt change the fact that Fedor lost to two top 10 opponents so thats irrelevant.

Hendo might not be a HW but hes beaten HWs, LHWs and MWs, man has no real weight class and shit he even said he wouldnt mind fighting at HW next either.

So why is Carwin and Schuab ahead of Fedor?

i have yet to see an argument besides Carwins losses. A loss is a negative thing so i dont see why everyone is holding it into such a positive prespective.

Putting the Shaub and Carwin issues aside, Fedor lost 3 times in a row, the last to an unranked HW.

He was legitimately knocked out of the top 10, and his past accomplishments and rankings don't earn him extra points in the current ranking system.

The "He was one of the greatest fighters of all time" statement is true, but unfortunately has no bearing on the current state of his ranking. The truth is, he fell off, took 3 devastating losses in a row, and then fought 2 fighters who are a long way away from being top of the division opponents.

He beat an outside top 25 Jeff Monson, and top 50 Ishii.

That doesn't get Fedor back in the top 10, despite what Shaub's and Carwin's rankings look like.

Sherdog's rankings are usually a bit whack anyways, so that could be part of it, but regardless, Fedor is not in the top 10 right now.

SupesUp -  Well I think you have to separate the right now from the all time.

That being said no way does fedor currently beat carwin, so why would he be ranked higher? Phone Post

so youre basing rankings off opinion and who you would think would win instead of actual facts?

In that case I think Frankie would beat Carwin, Mir and Fedor. So Ill put Frankie Edgar top 5 as well.

currently as we speak Carwin is 0-2 and Schuab 0-1. Fedor is 2-0. so feel free to sperate all time from present day

Rampage 1-0 after tonight #1 P4P hes been the champion so hes the best for sure.

Do people try hard not to use their brains?

Chimonos Revenge - 
Acidic - 
Unwariestpickle - I don't see how you can put Fedor on. He's lost to Bigfoot, Werdum, and Hendo...

Bigfoot lost to Cormier, Werdum lost to Overeem, and Hendo isn't even a heavyweight.

Already that's Bigfoot, Werdum, Cormier, Overeem and Hendo ahead of him. Then you've got JDS, Cain, Frank Mir, and Barnett who dominated Rogers and who gave Fedor fits... I just don't see how Fedor is a top 10 right now. He could get back there... but he's not right now.

Again you base a win off there current rankings not what happens after the fight. Win or lose Werdum and Bigfoot where top 10 correct? if they lose 5 in a row it doesnt change the fact that Fedor lost to two top 10 opponents so thats irrelevant.

Hendo might not be a HW but hes beaten HWs, LHWs and MWs, man has no real weight class and shit he even said he wouldnt mind fighting at HW next either.

So why is Carwin and Schuab ahead of Fedor?

i have yet to see an argument besides Carwins losses. A loss is a negative thing so i dont see why everyone is holding it into such a positive prespective.

Putting the Shaub and Carwin issues aside, Fedor lost 3 times in a row, the last to an unranked HW.

He was legitimately knocked out of the top 10, and his past accomplishments and rankings don't earn him extra points in the current ranking system.

The "He was one of the greatest fighters of all time" statement is true, but unfortunately has no bearing on the current state of his ranking. The truth is, he fell off, took 3 devastating losses in a row, and then fought 2 fighters who are a long way away from being top of the division opponents.

He beat an outside top 25 Jeff Monson, and top 50 Ishii.

That doesn't get Fedor back in the top 10, despite what Shaub's and Carwin's rankings look like.

Sherdog's rankings are usually a bit whack anyways, so that could be part of it, but regardless, Fedor is not in the top 10 right now.
answer the other questions as well please?

and again hendo might not be ranked but you cant act as if he hasnt beaten any top HWs before in which he has done.

regardless my point has to do with Carwin and Schuab thats why I mention them. Other wise my point becomes irrelevant. If Carwin  and Schuab are ranked top 10 then so should Fedor. If they arnt then Fedor shouldbt be either

Give it a rest Acidic

Fedor on a 2 fight win streak against non top 20 HWs doesnt compare to Carwin losing 2 fights against the no 1 ranked HW & The current HW champ

do you really not see getting smashed by Non HW in Hendo, then getting smashed by bottom 10 Big foot Silva. Before that he lost in under 1 minute to a bottom top 10 Werdum.

Not even saying i agree with Sherdog but Fedor doesnt deserve to be top 10 beating Hong Man Choi & Jeff monson

brockfanstar - Give it a rest Acidic

Fedor on a 2 fight win streak against non top 20 HWs doesnt compare to Carwin losing 2 fights against the no 1 ranked HW & The current HW champ

do you really not see getting smashed by Non HW in Hendo, then getting smashed by bottom 10 Big foot Silva. Before that he lost in under 1 minute to a bottom top 10 Werdum.

Not even saying i agree with Sherdog but Fedor doesnt deserve to be top 10 beating Hong Man Choi & Jeff monson

brockfanstar i sense no bias bs at all.

those are two losses again youre basicly saying 2 losses are better then 2 fucking wins. Do you not understand?

so if youre going to base Carwin off his wins from before his 2 losses then you can do the same for Fedor correct?

Acidic - Again ill make a seperate post for this since everyone ignores litteraly all the questions I ask

1) is a loss better then a WIN?

2) Why are Carwins losses looked at as positive things?

3) is going 0-2 and not winning in 2 years better then winning 2 in a row and staying active?

4) why the fuck is Schuab top 10? why was Nelson top 10 with litteraly no top 20 wins?

5) why is inactivity better then activity?

1. It depends. If you are in the top 5(like Carwin was) and lose to the #2 fighter (JDS), then that does not hurt your rankings that much. Beating a top 50, non contender fighter like Ishii also doesnt get you much movement in rankings when you are Fedor.

2. Carwin's losses are looked that way because in both cases he lost to higher ranked guys, both in the top 5. Now, losing is never better than winning, but from a ranking stand point, Carwin's losses really didnt hurt his ranking that much. Fedor lost to fighters ranked below him, especially Hendo, who was a LHW and unranked at HW. That severely damages your ranking.

3. Yes, sometimes it is. Fedor's 2 wins are meaningless as far as his rank is concerned. Neither Monson or Ishii are top ranked fighters, and especially in Ishii's case, shouldnt have even been put in with Fedor realistically. They were good confidence wins for Fedor, but ranking-wise they were dog fights for him. Like I said, Carwin's two losses were to 2 top ranked fighters, and he spent almost a year out with an injury and surgery. SO the 2 fights in 2 years thing is kind of slander in that regard.

4. Neither Shaub or Nelson should be top 10 imo, so I agree with you there.

5. Inactivity isnt necessarily better. Fighters are not removed from rankings until 12 consecutive months of inactivity typically. This accounts for layoffs, injury recovery (In Carwin's Case) and other things, like waiting for opponents to become available.

Carwin was in the top 5, lost to 2 top 5 fighters (which doesnt take him out of the top 10). Fedor is 2 and 5 in the last 2 years, losing to every ranked fighter he has fought.

thanks Chimono only person who took his time to put something decently logical together.

but thing is what gets you into the top is top wins correct? So in order for Carwin to be in the top 5 he must have top wins right? so his top wins are from 2 years ago so were basing him of today off of 2 years ago. So if were doing that for Carwin we can do the same for Fedor correct?

again I think people are downplaying Hendo a bit to much. The guy holds multiple wins at HW and not against cans but top fighters.

Acidic - 
 brockfanstar i sense no bias bs at all.

those are two losses again youre basicly saying 2 losses are better then 2 fucking wins. Do you not understand?

so if youre going to base Carwin off his wins from before his 2 losses then you can do the same for Fedor correct?

Yes I am saying 2 loses are better than 2 wins in this case.

Like saying if your Shane Mosely coming off back to back loses to Pacman & Manny is worser than Someone beating 2 cans after losing 3 straight to Boxers not anywhere close to top 2.

I'll simplify things for you.

Carwin is not in the top 5 but he is somewhere in the top 10 at least until he's out via inactivity (and beyond the top 5 or 6 guys give or take month to month in most of the divisions it really doesn't matter much most of the time who/what order the rest are).

Fedor is NOT in the top 10 PERIOD. 

MMA by far has the highest % of clueless and moronic fans.

I don't think Carwin should even be top 10, let alone top 5 due to his inactivity. Not saying he isn't one of the 5 best guys, not saying he is, but how can a guy retain ranking with as much time off as he has. Regarding Fedor, I think part of the problem with ranking him is that when you rank guys, you kind of try to figure out how guys would match up with other highly ranked guys and speculate on their future fights with those top guys. With Fedor, he is basically stuck fighting in the minor leagues for life, so there is no speculation for him to fight and beat those top guys. Let's face it, Fedor could win his next 10 fights and still not crack the top 10, justifiably, because none of those guys will probably be ranked top 10 or 20. Zuffa not retaining Barnett might be Fedor's only shot at ever having a meaningful fight again.

Fedor's last two wins shouldnt bounce him back up the rankings due to past accomplishments.

However, the strength of that previous status will certainly boomerang him back up much faster if he gets 1-2 highly ranked wins.

F "rating" guys on how good they seem to you.

Rank them based on who they beat and what they accomplish.

If Jon Bones Jones was doing all the same shit he did the last 5 fights, but was still facing Vlad Mat level comp then he wouldnt be #1.

Didn't read this whole thread but I think if I was ranking fighters, I would give the guy with a recent competitive loss to the #1 guy a bit of credit. Weren't people like Fitch and Maynard still ranked high after their losses? Certainly don't understand what OP is on about. Phone Post

Acidic -
Rafael135 -  But in all seriousness. Fedor should prove himself by being able to beat a top 10 fighter. A win over a washed up Jeff Monson and a young Satoshi Ishii doesn't prove anything regarding rankings.

I'm not saying Fedor doesn't belong in the top 10. I think he does.

And Shane belongs where he is right now in the top 10. Phone Post

I think you should reread what you said because it makes zero sense.

so Fedor should have to prove himself. Fedor the greatest HW, most top 10 wins, longest win streak but a guy whos never been number 1 nor won a fight in years doesnt have to?

not trying to be a dick but you prove youre own self wrong.

I confused myself ahahah. You're right the rankings doesn't make sense. Phone Post