HW Toney vs Prime Tyson

Nick Diaz still GOAT - Toney would have easily beat Tyson. he wooped the shit out of evander and Tyson had nothing for Holyfield.

Boxing math lol.

Holyfield didn’t fight the best version of Tyson, and Toney didn’t fight the best version of Holyfield.

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - 

Toney was so much mentally stronger, Tyson crumbled when he couldn't bully his opponent.  But at the same time Toney was lazy as fuck, he had some terrible fights at middleweight against some mediocre fighters.  

Oversimplifying.

We are talking about “prime” Tyson.

Tyson with Rooney and Jacob’s had yet to self destruct. He was very disciplined in the ring.

LOL Tyson would have beaten the fuck out of Toney.

boxing wiz - 

The version of Toney that beat Jirov and then stopped Evander Holyfield in a very onesided fight would have stopped Tyson in about 6-8 rounds. The fatter out of shape Toney that beat Ruiz wins an ugly decision.

Toney was more technically skilled than Mike. After two or three rounds and Mike starts to slowdown a fraction, his advantages in handspeed and power start to disappear. Toney was sneaky with his bodyshots and that would have helped empty Mike's gastank.

James is vastly more mentally strong than Mike and Tyson would know it. Mike would barely be able to get James to respect him, but no way he could intimidate him. I think if anything James would have Mike a biy nervous. Mike isn't dumb and he was very knowledgable about boxing. Evander was able to mentally break Mike down twice, and Toney brokedown Holyfield.

its a terrible matchup. The guys that gave James the most trouble were quick on their feet and forced James to try and catchup to them. His one weakness was he wasn't the fastest on his feet. The way he rolled on righthands and bend at his waste hurt his mobility. With Tyson though, he wouldn't be having to chase him down. Mike would come right to him. James was never a real power puncher, his timing and accuracy is what made him dangerous. I don't think he hurts Mike too much early, it would be a more systematic breakdown. I don't think there is anyway Tyson could have beaten him.

Tyson vs Tua was the matchup I wanted to see. Mike had a significant advantage in hand and footspeed. By 1996-97 though Mike was slowing down. That fight could have been bombs away.

Disagree about Tyson/Toney… don’t have time to elaborate right now.

Tyson Tua would have been fun, but I’d fear for Tua’s health.

Tua could absorb a lot of punishment, and that might keep him taking shots from Tyson longer than would otherwise be natural.

Tyson just would have been too fast to counter, especially prime Tyson.

I agree that in the late 90s ot would have been closer… but even plodding headhunter Tyson was explosive – it just came in shorter more predictable bursts.

Tyson Tua would have been the second best matchup of the time. The one matchup that would have been best would have been Tyson vs. Ibeabuchi. Ike beat Tua and Byrd and was a big tough, mean motherfucker but a complete psycho with mental problems.

Unfortunately the crazy bastard kidnapped his ex girlfriends 15 year old kid and almost killed him.

ScreenName22 -
onepunchJD -

Toney vs Jirov one of my favorite fights.

which was actually pretty boring until the end.

Boring? What was the saying again that Roger Mayweather was known for? 

ScreenName22 - 
onepunchJD -

Disagree.

boxing wiz -
ScreenName22 -
onepunchJD -

Most people don’t know shit about boxing

Toney does really well with this matchup. He would talk so much shit to Mike and embarrass him with his slickness, that Tyson would be fighting angry and throwing killshots and whiffing. How long can he do that for? There's a good chance Tyson connects and drops Toney, but it's likely a tired Mike winging shots at Toney. Probably ends in a split decision. Close fight, very messy

Bobby Lupo -

Toney does really well with this matchup. He would talk so much shit to Mike and embarrass him with his slickness, that Tyson would be fighting angry and throwing killshots and whiffing. How long can he do that for? There's a good chance Tyson connects and drops Toney, but it's likely a tired Mike winging shots at Toney. Probably ends in a split decision. Close fight, very messy

Well said

boxing wiz -
ScreenName22 -
onepunchJD -

The woman told police she had been punched in the ribs and hit Mayweather with a lamp during a struggle.

LBH_RN -
TXEMC1 - And I am a hugh Toney fan.

Hugh Toney wasnt as good as James Toney though

Lol

how about a Randy Couture vs James Toney 2?

Ttt