I am glad UFC tm the Octogon.

Maybe it will force everyone to finally use a boxing ring which 100x better for viewing.

What are you talking about?

This thread is retarded. The ring was not made for MMA at all, or any sport with a grappling element, and seeing that the UFC is regularly selling out arenas, I don't think too many people care about the potential view problems.

If it hinders the fights, I couldn't give half a fuck about what's "better for viewing".

I want to know what "UFC tm the Octogon" means. Dude, if you make a thread you have to be clear and you have to speak English. And for the record, I love the octogon and I can see fine.

If I were in a mat related industry I would manufacture 5 sided mats (1/2 of an octogon) and sell those in sets of 4 to get around UFC's 8 sided mat patent. Two layers with seams perpendicular so there is no danger spot where the halfs meet up.

You may not like cges but a huge number of Americans like "cage fighting". Besides the ring that's good for MMA is a special one like the one Pride has. Boxing rings small shows would buy suck for MMA.

"Besides the ring that's good for MMA is a special one like the one Pride has."

Even then the ring has many logistical issues like the awful restarts and guys getting caught over and through the ropes. The ring is suited to standup striking only.

tm = TradeMarked

In one of Mike Swicks HL vids, it shows a fight he had where it was just a huge open mat, it looked like 50x50 or bigger. I've wondered since then how that would work out.

If I ever start my own MMA company I'm going to patent a pentagon shaped ring with really strong plexy glass instead of a fence so there can be no grabbing and it will also make for great viewing.

Latinos are awesome, especially Latino women!!

well i say mma belongs in a ring...i don't watch wwf but i do watch pride, shooto, and pancrase...last time i checked they were all mma events

Dude capnsavem, I'd only improve the genepool man. I'm a good looking, well built white boy that would love to pro-create with a smooth skinned latino hard body. If I can't find myself one soon I guess I'll just have to settle for Rachelle Leah.

Easy there Locust Drive. I honestly didn't know what "tm" meant and it's obvious a few others didn't as well. And for the record, I don't live on a farm or feed hogs. Have a nice day and enjoy the fights tomorrow.

There is likely far more MMA fights happenning in a ring every year than in a cage.

There is not an issue to the degree that people are supposing

What kind of fury creature crawled up your ass today? I didn't rip him at all; first I asked him what he was talking about and in my 2nd post I asked him to be clear. Leave this thread if you having nothing good to add to it.

"Dude capnsavem, I'd only improve the genepool man. I'm a good looking, well built white boy that would love to pro-create with a smooth skinned latino hard body. If I can't find myself one soon I guess I'll just have to settle for Rachelle Leah".

Hey farmer what happened to your Eva Longoria look alike??? Hmmm?!?!?!?!

i like the cage in theory, but i cant stand watching another fight get pressed up against the cage which happens every single time!!

"i like the cage in theory, but i cant stand watching another fight get pressed up against the cage which happens every single time!! "

Not really. The whole "wrestlers dominate by using the cage" theory should be put to rest as it seems that aside from Hughes, strikers are dominating the UFC now.

I have been to many mma shows live and the cage always blocks the vision of fans. I think the main reason why the cage is used is for marketing reasons anyway.

I think mma will always be more exciting in a ring. I remember when Yuki Kondo kicked Frank's ass out of the ring, that was a classic moment that u would never see in a cage.