I...beat four world champions in the cage.

This is from an article in the latest issue of Men's Fitness:

"In Japan I used good time management to follow the schedule of a professional fighter and managed to beat four world champions in the cage."

Basically it's an ad for a new book by a guy named Tim Ferriss. The article is titled, "Easy does it. Tim Ferris was putting in 100-hour weeks at his job until he discovered the secret to working less and enjoying life more."

It's got a large picture of this guy in a karate pose beneath the title and beside the article. He also broke records in ballroom dancing in Argentina apparently.

Has anyone seen this guy fight? I've never heard of him but don't really watch much Japanese MMA. I'd be interested to see the fights or know which world champions he beat.

Coincidentally there is an advert for protein in the same magazine with a picture of Paul McVeigh beside it, obviously a sponsored fighter, who, IIRC, is fighting in Japan soon.

He's not a Furey but he's full of shit. There's a topic on Bullshido on him - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54641

He's a relentless self-promoter and is actually good at it.
This is one of my favourite blog posts from him:
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/29/from-geek-to-freak-how-i-gained-34-lbs-of-muscle-in-4-weeks/

34 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks. "Here are a few comparative shots. Oh, and I forgot to mention, all of this was done with two 30-minute workouts per week, for a total of 4 HOURS of gym time" LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

I've met and rolled with the guy a few times, he was a blue belt if I remember correctly, and his skills seem legit. I think he says that he was a San Shou (sp?) champion in China, not MMA, although I could be mistaken. He even admits that his skills weren't on par with the guys he fought, but that he found a loophole (was bigger than most) and exploited it to win most of his matches by taking the guys out of bounds.

He does a lot of speaking engagements, and has spoken at Princeton and for Google I believe. He's a nice guy, and is a renaissance man in the truest sense. Sure a lot of the stuff he does may seem bogus, but you have to understand that he's laughing all the way to the bank. He's got a great selling book, and has obviously dipped his pen in other ventures, all of which seem to be making him money.

"he was a blue belt if I remember correctly, and his skills seem legit."

LOL...wow...a legit blue belt...Tyson and all the TKD bb better watch out!

He seems to be a weird combination of being incredibly full of shit as well as incredibly insightful.

When he stops sucking his own d*** for a minute, he actually says some interesting stuff now and then about productivity. He also seems to be a part of the Web 2.0 brat pack with guys like Kevin Rose and Gary Vaynerchuck.

I subscribe to his blog and though I take it with a grain of salt, sometimes it's pretty interesting.