I bought a very fancy belt

Fuji. They’ve replaced HCKs

1 Like

Sure do. I think Wallid may hold the record for the most NASCAR-like gi of all time.

3 Likes

Yep.

The instructor bars make it a little hard to discern with a mere glance how many stripes are on a black belt.

But that’s even more of a first world bjj problem than the decision to get them.

Agreed.

Shen, you earned the right to do whatever you want with a belt, a gi or anything else BJJ-related a long time ago. Hell, have a meal with plantains, oranges and watermelon. Enjoy the belt.

1 Like

I already refuse to EVER pay for Acai…

If I get it at Trader Joe’s, during checkout I quietly but firmly say to the cashier, “My fren… for this one, I NEVER pay.”

If they push back, I just repeat over and over, “Do you want to get on the floor with me…? Do you want to get on the floor with me…? Do you want to get on the floor with me…?”

Sometimes they relent, sometimes they call the cops… It’s a toss up.

4 Likes

that’s where prof henry okazaki got most of his patches

1 Like

I just want a gi that fucking fits right.

1 Like

Congrats on your promotion GM Shen , those are nice belts , I was always planning on buying a nice belt after getting my BB but I never bothered doing it , recently my students bought me a present , a fully pimped out Isami with my name on it and professor bars , I was a bit shy to rock it at first but now I wear it often and it’s a good quality belt , also I’m guessing you probably got your 4th degree so congrats again .

Thank you. Now, THAT’S the way to get a pimped out belt, as a gift. I just don’t have students who like me that much.

Gaudy to the max. Bring back denim Krugans, add contrast stitching, patches galore, with some inlaid Ed Hardy style graphics on the inside of the jacket.

You’re in SK, right? My in laws live in Saskatoon so I visit a couple of times a year. I’ve always wanted to train while I’m out there but never have.

Last time I dropped in when you were at the old spot you had a bright orange gi with a pitbull logo that had bedazzled eyes and eye brows.

Where’s the new spot at? I’ll stop in when I’m healed up

1 Like

Rams, next week, I start teaching at a brand new school called OG BJJ at the corner of Pico & Sawtelle in West L.A. No website yet. It’s gonna be VERY nice: full sprung floors, high ceilings & 5 black belts --all teammates.

And, of course I teach at my own place (SouthBayGrapplingClub.com) which is tiny and inside a karate school.

1 Like

Same. On my bucket list to drop in on the Shendokan at least once. Next time I’m in SoCal.

Is the new place inside of Best Buy, El Super Taco, or Big Tomy’s?

I’ve trained for over 20 years and don’t even know what you’re talking about lol

Next to El Super Taco!

1 Like

Really? A BJJ Black Belt usually has a red rank bar, where stripes/degrees go. At each end of the rank bar —sometimes-- there are, thin, white bars which look kinda like stripes, but don’t denote rank. They are “Professor bars”. You’ve never seen this…?

1 Like