I Cried in the locker Room ‘Rampage’

An elite Middleweight talent in PRIDE FC who defeated the likes of Chuck Liddell and Ricardo Arona, Jackson was already a fan favorite prior to joining the ranks of the UFC in 2007. Less than a year later, he was UFC champion at 205 lbs., and though his reign wouldn’t last terribly long, Jackson continued to compete at the highest level for several years before finishing his career (mostly) in Bellator.
As with any great who spends 20 years as a professional, there are ups-and-downs to Jackson’s career. He captured a UFC title, made many millions of dollars, and headlined several massive pay-per-view events, but “Rampage” also feuded with UFC CEO Dana White and put on some flat performances while struggling with injury.

While talking back over his legendary career on his podcast, Jackson revealed the surprising time he cried because of fighting. It wasn’t from a knockout loss or defeat in a bitter grudge match or even losing a championship fight — those happen all the time. Instead, Jackson felt so bad for his team mate Michael Bisping after the infamous Dan Henderson knockout that he was moved to tears.

Oh, and Henderson himself was in attendance for the story.

“I never cried, but me and Bisping, we was like brothers, especially back then. We’re not as close as now because some bullshit happened between our managers. Me, [Cheick] Kongo, and Bisping we was all like brothers. I never cried when I got knocked out, but when Bisping got knocked out the one time — it was him [looks at Henderson] — I cried in the locker room! He got knocked out that bad, I felt really bad. I’m almost ashamed to say it.”
Why was Jackson so upset? “Rampage” felt he could have helped Bisping prepare for the fight better, but ultimately, he doesn’t fully understand himself.

“I felt like, at the time, maybe I didn’t help him good enough in training or something. It was something like that, and I just felt bad for him. I remember crying in the locker room like what the f—k is wrong with me. Why am I crying? I never cry, it’s weird.”

“Hendo” could not relate with a similar experience of his own.

Though Jackson hasn’t fought in a professionally sanctioned contest since 2019, his combat sports career isn’t fully over. “Rampage” competed alongside Bob Sapp in a two-on-two “Siamese boxing” match earlier this year at Fight Circus. Yes, that really happened, it went completely off the rails, AND there’s footage!

PRIDE never die?

1 Like

Quentin “Waahhhhhh-page” Jackson?

1 Like

No

When a SN and his predictive text completely match up.

He cried over Bisping but showed no remorse for killing an unborn baby.
He definitely needs to go to the seventh level of hair.

1 Like

He didn’t kill any unborn babies, ladies.

A barren woman who had like 7 previous miscarriages had her bumper dented by Rampage and tried to capitalize. She failed because it was obvious it wasn’t Rampage, it was her toxic womb (again).

1 Like

I don’t know man.

I’ve never cried for my own losses, but a couple teammates losses have hit me surprisingly hard.

2 Likes

I like his show but his cohost is such an uninformed noob its hard to watch sometimes.

Rampage pretty much only sideswiped the car door and broke the rear view mirror.

*Whoops…I guess he did more damage than that ;-(

2 Likes

Either way, Rampage could have been in Japan and she still wouldn’t have had that baby. :man_shrugging:

Not excusing the behavior or anything though.

1 Like