"I’d like to Fight Ngannou " - Fedor

2 Likes

Fedor Emelianenko isn’t afraid of Francis Ngannou.

That isn’t necessarily surprising, but it also doesn’t mean a fight should be made between the two. The legendary Heavyweight, Emelianenko, retired (for the last time) after his last fight, a first round technical knockout loss in his rematch with Ryan Bader at Bellator 290 in February 2023 (watch highlights). The 47-year-old has since expressed interest in boxing with fellow legends like Mike Tyson, who helped Ngannou prepare for his recent professional boxing debut.

Ngannou, 37, lost his first boxing match against Tyson Fury via a split decision this past October 2023 (watch highlights). The effort was much better than anyone anticipated and “The Predator” nearly put away the all-time great boxer in the early going of the action. An Emelianenko match certainly isn’t one anyone has thought of in 2024, but “The Last Emperor” has thrown his name in the hat.
“I can fight MMA guys, too,” Emelianenko told Ushatayka_tm (h/t Red Corner MMA). “I’d like to fight Francis Ngannou. I want to box him. I can’t do MMA anymore, but I’d like to box him.

“I saw that fight [vs. Fury],” he concluded. “Maybe it’s not overconfidence but it’d be interesting to fight him. It’s not that [I’m fearless].”

Emelianenko’s last win came in his home of Russia when he scored a first round knockout over Tim Johnson (watch highlights). Sandwiching Ngannou’s Fury loss is his last MMA fight, a unanimous decision win against Ciryl Gane in January 2022, and his upcoming sophomore boxing match vs. Anthony Joshua on March 8, 2024.

1 Like

Do it!

Ill

Obligatory UG pRiMe FeDoR KiLLs nGaNnOu.

And I’d even give current Fedor more than a puncher’s chance.

I like Fedor, I hope he doesn’t get the match, just stay retired as it would end badly for him. He’s got money and access to money/Putin, hes got nothing to prove by fighting anymore. He should enjoy his retirement and health.

2 Likes

Ngannou could take 2 free shots and still win it

4 Likes

Even prime Fedor would not be able to beat Ngannou.

1 Like

UFC 300 just found its real main event!

3 Likes

In his prime he was fast enough and durable enough that he could potentially get the job done, but hes been made of glass for over a decade at this point.

2 Likes

LMFAO…go to bed Theodore, you’re drunk.

Prime fedor would have a great shot, but heavy gloves combined with a glass jaw isnt going to go well. We love you Fedor but stay retired.

Prime Fedor would be the favorite to beat prime Ngannou.

If you watch the first Stipe fight, the Lewis fight and the Gane fight you will see Ngannou is not invincible and thats Ngannou in his prime.

6-0 over three years has been Ngannou’s best and longest run. Has not even had a MMA fight in two years.

A lot of HW’s in their prime vs Ngannou in his prime would be a problem for Ngannou but people have short memories.

Of course 47 year old Fedor has no business boxing 37 year old Ngannou.

4 Likes

That’s not Ngannou in his prime. He came a long way in his TDD, grappling and even boxing since the first Stipe fight. He didn’t show up to the Lewis fight and had mental problems at the time, and he used his improved grappling to overcome one of the best kickboxers HW has ever seen in Gane.

Prime Fedor was a force but this Ngannou who dropped Fury, has good hands, enormous reach and is grapple fucking guys coupled with his huge size advantage and titanium chin is a huge problem.

At this point, if Fedor were to entertain this fight, he would essentially be asking to go out on his shield and die in the ring. A noble death but unnecessary.

I was really thinking about his age when I said Ngannou in his prime but you are 100% right here in terms of his skills, he did improve after the first Stipe fight.

Still though, I don’t believe prime Ngannou is an unbeatable fighter in MMA when you talk about him in fights with prime Fedor, Crocop, Big Nog, Barnett, Brock, Cain, Werdum, Big Nog, Mir, DC, Jones, Aspinall, JDS etc…

Sure he would be the favorite vs some of them but I personally have prime Fedor as the favorite over prime Ngannou as Fedor was so versatile and dangerous from everywhere in his prime.

I think Ngannou probably improved grappling wise between Stipe 1 and 2, but of course Stipe also declined between those two fights as well, so its a mix of the two.

Lewis fight was just weird. I think Ngannou could have had him out of there in the first round if he’d gone for it. Two big punchers but one is a superior athlete and much more durable.

As for the Gane fight, I think winning that fight with a pure stand up approach would always be difficult for Ngannou or anyone else.

2 Likes

Not against the calculated Ngannou that fought Stipe the second time. Fedor was probably faster, but Ngannou would be fast enough to hold him at a distance and land punches.

https://www.mmanews.com/news/mma-legend-calls-out-francis-ngannou-boxing-match

“I’d like to fight Francis Ngannou,” Emelianenko said. “I want to box him. I can’t do MMA anymore, but I’d like to box him. Yes, I’d like to fight him. Maybe it’s not overconfidence, but it’d be interesting to fight him.”

Emelianenko retired following a loss to Bellator Heavyweight Champion Ryan Bader at Bellator 290 last year. The 47-year-old seems committed to not returning to the MMA cage but has teased a transition to boxing in recent months.