I love and hate jiu jitsu

crazy monkey

2 Likes

active forearm guard, range control (rimshot), head/body movement, hunchback torso and punching out of that structure.

Rimshot?

I think that was the range term used in CM boxing… just at edge of jab extended.

CM is a good structure and would mesh well with grapplers for dealing with strikes and a flurry to crash and enter.

3 Likes

I’ll look into this thanks.

Crazy Monkey is Rodney King’s stuff

I went to one Rodney King Crazy Monkey seminar 10+ years ago…

He was selling shirts. One read, “Rodney King’s Street Tough Gym” and had a picture of a big gorilla with boxing gloves on. I just thought: WOW… This shirt is 100% unwearable on the streets of Southern California, especially back then. But, probably a good way to get to practice your sh!t live, if you wanted to.

2 Likes

Crazy monkey! That’s a blast from the past. Matt Thornton and the SBG guys up in Oregon loved this technique. They brought him out of a seminar I went to when I first started bjj.

2 Likes

remember when tito tried crazy monkey against chuck…

Whatever happened to “the prince of leglocks” Bob “turd” Ferguson?

1 Like

I did a gogoplata f’n around during a warmup round. It felt fine but now my knee hurts. This is something I hate.

I liked BJJ better when it was about beating up untrained dudes up in the club, or jumping dudes and beating them half to death with my brothers.

5 Likes

What part of GJJ is actually self defense?

The gun and knife defense TMA stuff?

The fake kick and run up and smother to pull guard like in the early UFC’s?

The exhibition that Rickson and , (I think Royler) put on at Pride (attack me this way,)?

IMG_3577

Look, bruh. If you have a better way to defend yourself against someone dragging you out of a party, I’d like to see it.

ps: My sweatshirt turns into a bag AND my bag turns into a sweatshirt.

2 Likes

Indistinguishable from Master Relio’s self defense routine

The suit and tie wardrobes makes this self defense video

If this was the case id still train. I mounted a new guy and starting grinding my elbows into his eye socket so he’d give me his back. My instructor was so pissed…guess he missed the OG Gracie videos

Not enough guys walking around wearing sleeveless hoodies walking gamebred pitbulls named Kimura anymore

1 Like

Helio was in his 90s and trained JJ every day.

You don’t honestly believe everything you hear from that family, do you? Lol. They’re literally like used car salesman of the Martial arts world

2 Likes