I miss Anderson Silva!

Putting all the recent bullshit aside and obviously while he was still champion, it was such an exciting moment for me to watch him perform. I agree he had some stinkers but man what a feeling it was to watch him in his element. Watching him walk out to "Aint No Sunshine" and make his way to the ring, bow in front of the crowd and to his opponent, what a thrill. I miss Anderson Silva and i hope to see him back for one last Hoorah in prime form. Share your favorite moments of Anderson Silva and show some love for one of the sports GOATS! Phone Post 3.0

"Share your favourite moments"

In before some douche posts leg break gif

The Forrest fight was his Ali vs Big Cat

The first Sonnen fight was his Saku vs Smirnova (or however you say/spell)

The Fryklund elbow was his Showtime kick

The Belfort kick was his Sensei Seagal tribute Phone Post 3.0

We seemed to lose a lot of big "irreplaceable" stars all at once. While I don't know that he is technically gone, the days of him, gsp and others are behind us. Hopefully the new generation will be just as awesome! Phone Post 3.0

Rabid Bunyip - "Share your favourite moments"

In before some douche posts leg break gif

The Forrest fight was his Ali vs Big Cat

The first Sonnen fight was his Saku vs Smirnova (or however you say/spell)

The Fryklund elbow was his Showtime kick

The Belfort kick was his Sensei Seagal tribute Phone Post 3.0
Vote up my man Phone Post 3.0

I use to hate him...but after a while I could do nothing but respect him. I will tell my grandkids about watching him fight. He will be a legend 100%. Phone Post 3.0

FFTF_stuffadamdoes - I use to hate him...but after a while I could do nothing but respect him. I will tell my grandkids about watching him fight. He will be a legend 100%. Phone Post 3.0
Yeh I'm definitely glad i got to witness his greatness. Phone Post 3.0

There was never anything like the anticipation of a Spider fight. Phone Post 3.0

It don't feel the same watching fights today, the nerves I felt before a silva or penn fight is something I just don't get now days Phone Post 3.0

Me too. It was like watching RJJ in his prime. A real treat. Plus I like odd, eccentric people and Andy was always entertaining out of the ring too.

There WAS an Andreson Silva era. We got to see it unfold.

wrestling4life - It don't feel the same watching fights today, the nerves I felt before a silva or penn fight is something I just don't get now days Phone Post 3.0
Same for me. I watch more out of habit now. I don't really get the nervous excitement that I used to with certain fighters. Phone Post 3.0

The guy had so many ridiculous "holy shit!" type moments. Even his losses were spectacular (flying heel hook, getting KO'd by the underdog "wrestler", crazy leg break. His fights were typically so crazy that when he would outfight a guy to a dominant decision, it got called boring and he got criticized. IMO, he is the p4p GOAT and the most spectacular fighter in the history of combat sports.

I miss him too, but honestly I would prefer to see him retire now. A GSP fight would be nuts, though!

Remember when he would take fights in the next highest weight class in between Championship bouts?

A blown up welterweight fighting at light heavyweight.

You don't see champs do that. They'll rather starve and stick saline in their arms to gain a weight advantage.

Most magical fighter in ufc history.

I think Mighty mouse might beat his defense record but there'll never be another Spider.... Phone Post 3.0

I think we an all agree he was truly something special. Phone Post 3.0

I don't miss him as much as I miss the idea of him, back when he was invincible. Pre-Widman KO, pre-leg snap, pre-PED Anderson was like god. I hate that he has become a mortal in my mind.

He was mine and my whole family's favourite fighter for many years.

That said, I still get the buzz watching title fights with Bones, Cain, Aldo and the like.